G.I. Joe: Battleground Tips and Tricks - Promoting your Characters - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondo76 View Post
    So what happens if you put a UC 2 star (both filled) Quick Kick into a R 4 star Quick kick (with one star filled)?

Also...does anyone know how to "exchange" (trade)?
    I think it would make a R 4 QK with 2 stars filled and 10% of the UC's stats.

Exchange isn't running yet. Assumption is that will allow you to exchange cards between people in your ally list (at least).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can't. The 2 star filled Quick Kick won't show up in the promotion screen.

You can't trade... Yet... They may add that feature... We'll see.

Also I now know what almost all of the cards are. There are only 26 unknown to me. I have 217/275, I extrapolated or saw the rest on someone else's profile. There are a bunch that have not been revealed yet.

So it sounds like a few UC cards can be used to make R cards by promoting, but UC can never be used to promote an R card. I guess that only 4 star C or UC can be promoted/evolve to R or EP.

I wasted a lot of time leveling up a bunch of UC Fireflys to feed into some rare Firefliys. I also tried to promote a 2/4 star card with a 3/4 star card, but that would not work either. They have to have the same rank or the primary has to be higher. No daisy-chain promotions.

I hope there ends up being in-game ways to get more rare or epic cards, since you not only need a lot of rares of one character, you need 1/4 star rares, but you randomly draw rares that have 2 or 3 stars also. Maybe later in the battle simulator? I am still leveling up rares and have not progressed past level 7 of lethal.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gontga View Post
    So it sounds like a few UC cards can be used to make R cards by promoting, but UC can never be used to promote an R card. I guess that only 4 star C or UC can be promoted/evolve to R or EP.

I wasted a lot of time leveling up a bunch of UC Fireflys to feed into some rare Firefliys. I also tried to promote a 2/4 star card with a 3/4 star card, but that would not work either. They have to have the same rank or the primary has to be higher. No daisy-chain promotions.

I hope there ends up being in-game ways to get more rare or epic cards, since you not only need a lot of rares of one character, you need 1/4 star rares, but you randomly draw rares that have 2 or 3 stars also. Maybe later in the battle simulator? I am still leveling up rares and have not progressed past level 7 of lethal.
    I've found that using 10 coins at a time yields better results and actually got two 1/4 rare cards from a 10 coin bronze usage...

I need 6 more Storm Shadows...can anybody help? Username ID is: L5dXYI
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

Like I said... If the card has 4 possible stars... The first 2 are in it's current class, and the last 2 are in the next class...

Where do you put in user IDs to get Stormshadows?
    On the main page if you go to "Info" and scroll down there should be a "3 Days to submit Invite ID"
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Anyone remember where the uncommon Cobra commander was a boss? I remember where Intereogator, Overkill, Croc Master and Spirit are, but the others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by MamuNestor View Post
    Anyone remember where the uncommon Cobra commander was a boss? I remember where Intereogator, Overkill, Croc Master and Spirit are, but the others I can't remember off the top of my head.
    I haven't made it there yet so I'd be very interested in that myself!
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

I've found that using 10 coins at a time yields better results and actually got two 1/4 rare cards from a 10 coin bronze usage...

I need 6 more Storm Shadows...can anybody help? Username ID is: L5dXYI
    Great tip man! First time I tried it on the bronze level I got a R Zartan. Next 2 didn't help much. But I tried it on a Silver level and got a R Falcon. Then next bronze chance got me another Zartan so I could promote.
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 07-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by MamuNestor View Post
    The Cobra Commander boss is in the "Boot Camp" where you play as all four Joe leaders against all four Cobra leaders. Most player have gotten the tutorial with Beachhead, Falcon, Chuckles, and Jinx instead.
    Johio - The GI Joe Collectors Club - Local Division for the State of Ohio