Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 17

yojoe.com

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Does anyone else even have 500 or 1000 of any one figure?
    Crystal ball army, 85 and counting! Accepting donations 

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would doubt anyone has 500 of any one type of figure, however counting all the variants of one particular figure may be possible like a crimson guard or more likely a VIPER figure. if money wasn't much of a concern for me, I could see myself having several hundred vipers- but I don't know about 500 ? of course that would be one hell of a army display

I've heard a lot of sad collector stories, but this must really take the cake. With that kind of money one could really make a difference in society and change people's lives. Instead... dicking around with Snow Serpents. That's realizing the American dream.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nero9000 View Post
    I've heard a lot of sad collector stories, but this must really take the cake. With that kind of money one could really make a difference in society and change people's lives. Instead... dicking around with Snow Serpents. That's realizing the American dream.
    Well, at least he's spending and putting that money into some toy collectors' pockets, who in turn inevitably buy other stuff.

That's better than squirreling it away IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by nero9000 View Post
    Why does it have to be either or? Very presumptuous to assume I don't work hard to improve our society and peoples lives. It amazes me how people can make thoughtless comments like this without vet interacting with me or knowing anything about me, save my collecting appetite..... improving society starts with yourself, being a caring person, making educated comments, inspiring people to do better. A thoughtless post like the one I am responding to is just that....thoughtless

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    I would doubt anyone has 500 of any one type of figure, however counting all the variants of one particular figure may be possible like a crimson guard or more likely a VIPER figure. if money wasn't much of a concern for me, I could see myself having several hundred vipers- but I don't know about 500 ? of course that would be one hell of a army display
    Remember the David Jensen collection?

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=109571

http://news.hisstank.com/2012/10/27/...ade-ebay-11649

http://wiki.joecustoms.com/wiki/Davi...red_Customizer

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...sen%20gi%20joe

Respect!! That's real Joe-love right there. If somebody had 500 of something, it was him.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 05-23-2015 at 12:01 AM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    Why does it have to be either or? Very presumptuous to assume I don't work hard to improve our society and peoples lives. It amazes me how people can make thoughtless comments like this without vet interacting with me or knowing anything about me, save my collecting appetite..... improving society starts with yourself, being a caring person, making educated comments, inspiring people to do better. A thoughtless post like the one I am responding to is just that....thoughtless
    I'm not talking about what you do with the rest of your money. I'm talking about what you're doing with this particular amount of money, which is still more than enough to make an actual difference.

It's true what 3D said in that at least you're putting money in the pocket of collectors. However, I doubt a single seller will appreciate selling a Snow Serpent to you any more than they appreciate selling another figure to another collector. At the other end, you've removed the Snow Serpent as an available commodity in the market, thus frustrating many other collectors. Yes, I'd love to have one (1) myself to complete my collection. I'd say your contribution to the Joe community is strictly in the red at the moment.

Here's a few silly ideas off the top of my head on what to do if you have a ridiculous amount to spend on G.I.Joes:
    -Start a Joe-shop that buys expensive and sells cheap, thus giving concrete joy to any purchaser. I guess selling the Snow Serpents is something if you'll ever actually get to it rather than just talk about it, but you might end up stuck with most of them.
    -Heck, start a shop that buys new Hasbro Joes and sells them cheap to kids to help Joes relevant to the next generation.
    -Buy enough Hasbro stock to have some say in what they do with the Joe brand in the future. Alternatively, start a third party Joe brand like they do with TFs.
    -Make some majorly impressive dios or at the very least post pictures of an impressive collection online.

Here's what not to do:
    -Hog all of the world's Snow Serpents to yourself (seriously, didn't your mother teach you the joys of sharing?), log on to brag how you've got the money to do it while others don't and proceed into random flamewars.

I don't have that thing inside you that says "not a good idea"
    I'll help you. This isn't a good idea. It may sound like I'm trolling, but you should seriously see a shrink. At least once and listen to what they say about your collecting habits.

Could not possibly agree more. The suggestions (especially the first) in the reply post made me legitimately laugh out loud. Good grief. This is probably the most interesting read I've ever watched unfold on a forum. Way better than that whole gijoehq E-bay shill bidding business. That was just sad. This is very cool. Respect due.

Quote Originally Posted by ridetofight View Post
    Could not possibly agree more. The suggestions (especially the first) in the reply post made me legitimately laugh out loud. Good grief. This is probably the most interesting read I've ever watched unfold on a forum. Way better than that whole gijoehq E-bay shill bidding business. That was just sad. This is very cool. Respect due.
    Let's hear how you'd spend 5 mil on Joes, laughing boy.

I personally wouldn't, but I don't think I'm better or smarter or more philanthropic than anyone else for that decision. If I had it, I would give it to you, my friend, to spend any way YOU want to. Since, y'know, that's what this is about. Hopefully you would move to a beautiful, secluded home in the woods and stop bothering people.