G.I. Joe: Battleground Tips and Tricks - Promoting your Characters - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I don't know the logic is. Because I have had that problem too, but I have also used an uncommon card to promote a Rare. But mostly it seems that commons and uncommons work together and Rare's and Epics work together. But rarely do any of the other mixes.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Maybe the UC to R only works for event cards?

Or it only works if they have similar special attacks?

I know I've seen Fireflys that have different abilities. Maybe that has a lot to do with it?
    Last edited by troynos; 07-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Ok guys...I am a total noob at this type of game but so far I'm enjoying it. So I apologize if these are stupid questions.
    So am I understanding this correctly in that basically C and UC cards are really only of use in "feeding" R and Ep cards to level them up through the "upgrade" option? Then once they are fully maxed out...you use the "promote" option to feed these maxed out cards (of the same character" to get them to EP status? So there is no need to keep C and UC cards?
    What is the purpose of the Hector Ramirez cards?
    Thanks for the patience guys and if anyone wants to be an ally or trade my ID is L5dXYi...
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hector is really only good as a feeder card, used to "upgrade" into another to raise the special skills. Hector raises the skill alot more then normal UC or R cards do.

C and UC are good as feeder cards to "upgrade" and raise the special attack skills. Really, it's the only way you'll raise the skill. Upgrading for the special skill, the card type doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be same character to same character but I do believe (maybe) that there is more skill gains doing same character.

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    Hector is really only good as a feeder card, used to "upgrade" into another to raise the special skills. Hector raises the skill alot more then normal UC or R cards do.

C and UC are good as feeder cards to "upgrade" and raise the special attack skills. Really, it's the only way you'll raise the skill. Upgrading for the special skill, the card type doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be same character to same character but I do believe (maybe) that there is more skill gains doing same character.
    Thanks for the reply, man. So basically I should go ahead and feed all my C and UC and all I should really have in my collection are R and EP (or special UC with 4 stars), right?
    So my next question is...can you "fill in" stars by gaining experience points or only through promotions? Because the chances of my putting money into this are slim lol

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

The other reason to keep C and UC cards is to promote them to fill the empty spots in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondo76 View Post
    So my next question is...can you "fill in" stars by gaining experience points or only through promotions? Because the chances of my putting money into this are slim lol
    Promotion only.

Where do you put in user IDs to get Stormshadows?

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    But can still use those UC to Promote a Rare though right?

UC promoted/fed to another UC won't make an R but a UC promoted/fed into a R will promote that one.
    Not necessarily true... As I've said before it depends on the stars. If the Uncommon has 4 possible stars, then the last 2 are Rare. If a rare has 4 possible stars the last 2 are Epic.

eg if you have a 1 star Barricade. and you promote him twice with 1 star barricades then you get a 3 star rare barricade....

I got a 4 star rare barricade with 4 1 star UC barricades.

Take 4, 1 star rare Zartan's and you'll get a 4 star Epic Zartan.

If they have 2 stars then they usually stay within their rarity category. Unless it's like Capt Grid Iron whose 1 star is a common but his 2 star is an uncommon. 4 stars will always cross rarity categories, 2 in one 2 in the next up.

Quote Originally Posted by MamuNestor View Post
    Not necessarily true... As I've said before it depends on the stars. If the Uncommon has 4 possible stars, then the last 2 are Rare. If a rare has 4 possible stars the last 2 are Epic.

eg if you have a 1 star Barricade. and you promote him twice with 1 star barricades then you get a 3 star rare barricade....

I got a 4 star rare barricade with 4 1 star UC barricades.

Take 4, 1 star rare Zartan's and you'll get a 4 star Epic Zartan.

If they have 2 stars then they usually stay within their rarity category. Unless it's like Capt Grid Iron whose 1 star is a common but his 2 star is an uncommon. 4 stars will always cross rarity categories, 2 in one 2 in the next up.
    So what happens if you put a UC 2 star (both filled) Quick Kick into a R 4 star Quick kick (with one star filled)?

Also...does anyone know how to "exchange" (trade)?