Remove yellowing from plastics.. fix found. - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_kids_joes View Post
    Here's a thread that brought the use of H2O2 to my attention with pics. So far I think yours dose a better job. I havent seen any damage to the swivel part of the arm yet either.

http://forums.yojoe.com/toys-1982-19...-pictures.html
    Thanks.. checking it out now..

BTW your toy room is very cool... how long did it take to amass all those?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by myst32yt View Post
    BTW your toy room is very cool... how long did it take to amass all those?
    Thanks! I need to update that album those pics are a couple of years old. I've been collecting with varying degrees of intensity since '97.
    For a better idea of what my collection looks like now here's a link to my toy room work in progress pics

My toy room WIp pictures by dueinsteif - Photobucket

I finished another Jetfire today... here are the results...

I changed his "antenna" out with one from another Jetfire I had for parts. Other than that he is all original. Total time in solution was 20 min.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did some of the stickers fall of Jetfire? Differences between before and after pic.
    ~Pit-Viper~

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper View Post
    Did some of the stickers fall of Jetfire? Differences between before and after pic.
    I removed all the stickers from him and purchased new ones. The only original sticker is the small round Macross logo on his wing. It came off in solution... I just placed it back on the wing. The solution usually does not harm the stickers... but some do come off and have to be "re-stuck". The Red "eye" is from an extra sticker pack I had. The rest of his stickers are not here yet.
    Last edited by myst32yt; 08-22-2011 at 02:37 PM.

I wish to know when you will make this magic juice available. I have a TTBP in dire need of "denture" treatment!

New subject...

Hope to try tonight. will post pix...

Quote Originally Posted by ska_lives View Post
    I wish to know when you will make this magic juice available. I have a TTBP in dire need of "denture" treatment!
    Hope to have it sometime next month or the following....

I have just sent him a Crusader shuttle shell to restore. Hopefully it works out. I'll update when I get it back.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

If you would like to see the product in action on ABS plastic here is a link to a quick video we made. Joe's take a bit longer (10 -45 min) depending on how bad they are.

Remove the yellow from old plastic - YouTube