Which new sculpts would fit into the old line...

yojoe.com

Talking Which new sculpts would fit into the old line...

Which new sculpts do you guys would best fit into the old line without standing out too much, proportionately and design-wise?

I would choose Coils and Claws because neither of their shoulders are that big, and most of all they both have rather large crotch pieces compared to the speedo crotch pieces of most new sculpts. Also, Claws legs are kinda short too. His whole body is rather squat...
    Whatever doesn't make me stronger only kills me

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like this question. I'm going to say wave 8 CC (maybe), Grunt, Leatherneck, and televiper.

I like the o-ring Neo Vipers. Their leg-waist-chest proportions seem to be the closest to the vintage sculpts. The chests are wider and the shoulders are larger, but they are genetically enhanced, so that makes it okay. The VvV Dr. Mindbender looks really good IMO, but the shoulders are a little bulky. VvV Snake Eyes, Shipwreck (from the boat), and Wild Weasel are some others, with the slightly larger shoulders being pretty much the only drawback. Both BATs are good because the size doesn't apply as much to robots. Other than those figures, I find most of them either too tall or proportioned too poorly to fit in
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The blue O-Ring Neo Vipers "fit in" because they could be just really tall guys (like 6-foot-5 or taller). You know, like if you're tall enough to play basketball--and work for Cobra--then you get put into the Neo Viper core.

But the rest of the new sculpts are just too tall to display with the old sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Rabbit
    But the rest of the new sculpts are just too tall to display with the old sculpts.
    This isn't true. I have found numerous instances where the old Joes are actually taller. Take this picture for instance, the newer ones are either shorter or the same size as the older ones:

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/...k/joes_003.jpg

Height isn't the issue, I'm sure of that. The old Joes had bigger heads and crotch pieces, the newer joes have smaller heads, bigger shoulders and smaller crotch pieces.

Poor new Joes. The years have not been kind to their crotches
    Last edited by curmudgeon; 07-22-2004 at 05:26 PM.

I think Cross hair and the latest Ace and Slip Stream figures would fit pretty well. As for Cobra I think the Wave 7 Destro and the recent Baroness and Fire Fly would fit.

IMO considering the head and crotch size, maybe JVC Stalker would fit too..

Yeah, he was a pretty stocky figure now that I think of it. The only thing I dislike about him is the gijoe logo on his back. That, and maybe his chest is a little too stocky.