Paper items

yojoe.com

Thread: Paper items

Paper items

I did a recap of what Ive picked up for 2012 and while the Flagg was the diamond, I was amazed how much "paper" items I bought. Snagged a couple comics I needed, three puzzles, "the captive planet" story book with cassette tape, some animated art of Destro and another of Flint, presto magix set, 2 find your fate books and a colorforms set. I do enjoy a lot of the other paper items. I remember playing with the colorforms set as a boy with my brother.

Anybody else get some elusive paper items this year?
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got a 1986 Gi Joe presto-Magix set MIB for Christmas from a friend that found it at the swap meet. I've been considering getting more and more into the non-toy/paperwork side of collecting again but it seems that since I started collecting that stuff in the mid 90s there is more competition and prices have sky-rocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by dryhawk37 View Post
    I got a 1986 Gi Joe presto-Magix set MIB for Christmas from a friend that found it at the swap meet. I've been considering getting more and more into the non-toy/paperwork side of collecting again but it seems that since I started collecting that stuff in the mid 90s there is more competition and prices have sky-rocketed.
    As many folks know, I love the merchandise and licensed items. But if you want to talk about a collection that can spawn several storage units, amidst numerous problems of keeping it all in the same good condition considering the myriad of formats, items and types of packaging makes it a beast to tackle!

But I still love it. After 10 years of getting stuff though, I think that the change in ebay format and limit on the number of searches you can do makes it still anyone's collection. I miss stuff all the time because of where seller's "put" their ads, and the changes to the GIJOE section make it harder than it used to be to find it easily.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.