Are You Interested In Mid-Scale Joes?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Would You Buy 6" Joes?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Count Me In!

2 9.52%
  • Yes, But Only The Original Guys.

2 9.52%
  • Maybe

2 9.52%
  • No

15 71.43%

Are You Interested In Mid-Scale Joes?

So this week I found Deadpool in the Marvel Legends line. For those that don't know, that's the 6" line they sell for about $15.99. I have a couple other comic related figures in this size and I noticed that the details and articulation in this scale are really nice. I know the Sigma 6 line was this size and wasn't very popular. But I blame that on the design, not the scale.

Looking at this Deadpool he's a black & grey ninja looking guy. Made me think to myself, if they made a Snake Eyes or Stalker in this size I'd jump all over that. In fact doing that first series would be really easy to produce using the same mold for all the guys and just different colors, web gear and heads.

What do you think? Would you buy the Original 16 if made in a realistic 6"(or 1/12) scale?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Aaaahhhh! Where'd you find Deadpool!!!!! I've been looking all over for him!

But back to your question. Yes it would be cool. Not sure if I would buy them though.

He was in a Walmart on my route the other day. I got there just as they were restocking. I'll see about going by there again this week because there were two. But he's probably gone now. I'll keep my eye out for you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I voted for "Maybe". Hasbro has done a fantasitc job with making Joes in the size that they already are in in terms of detail and articulation. I really like them in that size. But, I wouldn't mind a 6" classics line for novelty's sake if it was well done. I'd rather have it composed of a mix of characters from different years, though. I'm thinking Firefly, Storm Shadow, CC, Flint, Stalker, Viper, etc. I'm, also, thinking this style of packaging would be cool for such a line: YOJOE.COM | Boxed Rock & Roll (Mexico)

Yeah, I think I could get behind that.
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

Sigma 6 was a little bigger than Marvel Legends, closer to 8". I think if they HAD been in a 6" scale, the line would have maybe done a little better. I liked the S6 stuff though, massive figures like that are pretty cool. I'd take a 6" Snake Eyes to stand next to Daredevil in a heartbeat. And a Punisher vs Firefly showdown...yes please.
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him"

Well, the Marvel Legends seems to have consistently sold well for Hasbro over the years, and now they're doing the Star Wars 6" line, so it looks like something in their market research is telling them that buyers want this.

Even with the backlash over Sigma Six, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at least try something like this. I suppose the big issue, though is that it definitely limits vehicles in the line.
    Our next live-Auction event is coming soon. Check back often for updates and complete LIVE for all your favorite Toys and Collectibles! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

But are vehicles that big a deal anymore? They were for us, but are they for the new demographic?

The 6" lines tend to be more collector orienated, and for Joes that can mean vehicles...

Well, in my discussions about the movies on these boards I've come to realize that the vehicles ARE very important to some people. Just as I have a friend that asks to borrow my James Bond movies based on what car he's driving in it. I would be very happy with just having a commando team with all that great articulation that comes with larger scale figures, but without the price and space requirements of 12" items. So it might get a lot of flak from collectors if there were none. Then again, I don't really hear people crying for vehicles from Sideshow.

I'd probably get behind a Joe 6" line, depending on designs (Star Wars Black) but I avoid all other 6" lines unless it's a specific figure (will be getting Marvel Legends Hawkeye, regular and variant).