Dumb question - how do you ID loose hoses?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Dumb question - how do you ID loose hoses?

I have one or two small sections of hose in my accessory box. They have
    the dirt and dimples like original hose would, but how in the world can you tell
    which figure it goes to?

I understand that Wetsuit, etc. have special/different masks/hoses.
    But these are around two to three inch sections of standard hose.

I'd love to put these on my trade list, but I don't want to pass them off
    as the wrong item.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pat

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

are you talking about regular accesory hose? it pretty much just goes by length(long or short;although I'm not sure what the actual lengths are):

http://yojoe.com/action/whobit/black/other1.shtml

just click the long or short hose and it'll tell you what's what.

That particular gauge of hose is still widely available online in any length you want for dirt cheap. And don't believe what anyone sez. There's no such thing as "repro hose". It's the same exact thing.

Maybe 50 years from now at the Joe cons they'll measure "Joe-hose" to assess it's "authenticity" (kinda like doll enthusiasts do with Barbie's hair), but I seriously doubt it.

-PJ

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I agree obi (guess I shoulda stated that too). I bought some of the hose from this site myself. I was just trying to answer his question for the hose he has.
    Let the "repro" debate begin anew!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunless
    I agree obi (guess I shoulda stated that too). I bought some of the hose from this site myself. I was just trying to answer his question for the hose he has.
    Let the "repro" debate begin anew!!!!!!
    NO GOD PLEASE NO!!!

-PJ

Here's the guide I use for ID'ing hoses:

STANDARD HOSES
    1 1/2" standard hose: 1988 Astro-Viper [x2], Hydro-Viper [x2], 1989 Dee-Jay, 1990 Laser-Viper [x2], Range-Viper, Rock-Viper, Metal-Head [x2], Undertow, 1991 Desert Scorpion, 2000 Undertow, 2001 Rock Viper, Shadow Viper [x2], 2003 Rock Viper
    3" standard hose: 1989 Scoop, Frag-Viper, HEAT Viper, Wild Boar, 1990 Freefall, Pathfinder, Stretcher, 1991 Sci-Fi, Incinerator, Snow Serpent [x2], 1998 Snow Serpent, 2002 Sideswipe, Blowtorch, 2003 HEAT Viper, Laser Viper
    6" standard hose: 1984 Ripper, 1985 Airtight, Barbecue, Tele-Viper, 1986 Mainframe, Sci-Fi, Dr. Mindbender, 1987 Fast Draw [x2], Techno-Viper [x2], 1988 Toxo-Viper, 1989 Deep Six, TARGAT, Barbecue, Python Tele-Viper, 1991 Sci-Fi, 1992 Psyche-Out. Two of these were also included in Battle Gear Accessory Pack #6. Also with some vehicles, such as the AWE Striker.
    Note: standard hoses too thin to use are probably post-2000.

SPECIAL HOSES
    1 1/4" 'spiny' ammo belt (silver): 1990 Pathfinder [x2]
    2" flat, 'spiny' ammo belt with hollow rectangle at each end (black): 1991 Red Star, 1998 Col. Brekhov
    2" flat, smooth ammo belt with hole at each end (black): 1991 Crimson Guard Immortal [x2]
    2 1/8" flat, ribbed hose (green): 1988 Lightfoot
    2 1/8" flat, ribbed hose (black): 1989 Lightfoot
    2 1/8" flat ammo belt with hole at each end (light grey): 1990 SAW-Viper
    2 1/8" flat ammo belt with hole at each end (gold): 2001 Zartan
    2 1/8" flat ammo belt with hole at each end (silver): 2003 SAW-Viper
    2 1/4" thin ammo belt, no holes (gold): 1990 Sub-Zero
    2 1/2" round, segmented hose (black): 1989 Frag-Viper
    3 1/8" thick, round, ribbed hose (black): 1988-89 Charbroil
    3 1/4" ribbed hose with telescopic sight (light grey): 1989 HEAT Viper
    3 1/4" ribbed hose with telescopic sight (black): 2001 Fast Blast Viper, 2002 red Shock Viper, 2003 HEAT Viper, and several versions of CLAWS
    3 1/2" flat ammo belt (light grey): 1989 Rock & Roll [x2]

I haven't cross-checked these with WHOBIT, but they seem to match what I've got on my figures. I have noticed that Yojoe.com seems to use the same picture for 1 1/2" and 3" hoses.

where can I buy these hoses at?
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

Great list, did you work that up yourself? I had always wondered if somneone went through with all original figures and measured the hoses to see what length went with a original figure.

I got the list from a friend back in 1998 or so, made a few corrections, and kept it updated. It doesn't include airmasks such as Eel's and Wet-Suit's, but it's been helpful whenever I've had to store my Joes and reassemble them somewhere else.

Wow,

That's a sweet list. I've just begun matching up hoses and have a baggie of about 20 - 30. This list will really come in handy.

Thanks,
    Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !