How much for a MIB Apache?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much for a MIB Apache?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT

I rarely see these on Ebay... and I kind of jumped when I saw the auction and I bid 30.00. Total bidders remorse. I am loose collector... a boxed one does me no good. I would think since I do rarely see them that it will go for much more.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just won an auction with the apache, liquidator, septic tank and badger for $11.50. The apache just had the canopy missing and maybe a broken rotor tab. I just bid on it because I have one with the box missing the scanner ball and 2 rotor blades. The mib ones I seen went around $50 or way more.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye

Yojoe/Ebay "rules"

A note about the Apache: those puppies are NOT cheap, period. If I had the money, I'd go after one myself

Rule #1. Don't EVER EVER EVER use a yojoe pic for your auction to represent what you're selling. Two certain ebay sellers are learning that one, and probably the hard way.

Rule #2. Don't EVER EVER use a yojoe pic for your auction to represent what you're selling. davidallanhruska1973 and kurtntree have learned or are learning it the hard way.

*those first two don't apply to this one in question lol*

Rule #3. If you're bidding on something on ebay, DON'T post the link here until after you won it. It's more fun to say "look what I won" instead of "look what slipped thru my fingers"

Rule #4: Don't ever tell someone your max bid. That just tells anyone reading this just how much to bid. Unless you told us a different amount on purpose to psyche us out, in which case, good move

At any rate, good luck! The Apache's awesome. I'd LOVe to have one on the deck of my Flagg!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike JT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT

I rarely see these on Ebay... and I kind of jumped when I saw the auction and I bid 30.00. Total bidders remorse. I am loose collector... a boxed one does me no good. I would think since I do rarely see them that it will go for much more.
    LOL, you just blew any chance of winning that cheap or even at all now that you told all of yojoe about it. Congrats to the winner, thats a nice piece!

.....Did you guys READ my post.... I DON'T WANT to WIN it.

Duh!

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    There are people who would sell body parts on the black market to try and snag one of those bad boys, loose OR MIB. If you would have won it for 30, you could have easily turned around and sold it for $100 at least, or at least traded for a loose one and some other stuff. OR you could have just busted it open, especially if you would have gotten away with one that cheap.

I had one of those when I was younger. I miss it. *crying face* lol.. I want it back, but these things go for an arm and a leg when I rarely see them.

I have one of those things in my garage, loose and complete, and the back of the box, oddly enough. I'm so surprised people like these things--growing up I always thought it was kinda crappy.
    Whatever doesn't make me stronger only kills me

Exclamation

I'm dead shocked that anyone has said they like this vehicle.

I mean, have you ever seen one up close or even handled it? It's one of the worst vehicles they ever came out with.

And hold on, that's not my opinion. It's a fact. And here's my support for it. . .

#1. It's soooo not to scale, it's ridiculous. It doesn't even fit a figure in the cockpit, not even as well as say. . .a Storm Eagle does (four words on that: body flat against canopy). The Sonic Apache can only fit a figure (like say, my Mjr. Altitude), if he's using one arm to shoot out the window or something. . .but that's it. A real Apache is supposed to be a two-seater man! The Joe version is more to scale for Lego figures.

#2. The rotors don't spin. They rotate once or twice, wobble a bit, then stop dead.

#3. Paper decals. Nuff said. Oh wait, they also fall off and fade in sunlight.

#4. The chin gun is smaller than most regular Joe sidearms of that year's release.

#5. The Sound Attack feature is a giant black (externally attached) joystick!!! Sure it's fun & all if you're imagining it's a carnival game or something. But hey, anyone who criticizes the recent JvC Sound Attack features shouldn't see the attachment for the Apache as anything other than the biggest SA attachment ever.

#6. The mold was ripped off a previously released toy from another line, it's not even an original Joe vehicle.

#7. Heavy Duty's asking where his missile pods went.

#8. Did I mention it's so out-of-scale the pilot doesn't even FIT??? Oh yeah guess I did.

-PJ

Spoken!!

I got this new back in the day. I traded it for a FANG II recently, and in some ways feel like I got the better end of the deal.

I'm not saying don't buy it, or that if one likes the apache, that they are wrong. I'm not saying that. However, it was almost like an oversized battle copter. ON my apache:
    -Figures arms stick outside the "roll cage" cockpit. Heads even a little, too.
    -Every sticker pealed off.
    -IT was originally part of a Kenner line from what I've learned. The one with the jets and sound handles--I don't think there was an official name.
    -the engine "covers" open to reveal an empty monotone tan shell.
    -the dragonfly is larger (realistically ah-64 vs. uh-1?)

Well, I just never had fun with it. I have a hard time believing it has acrrued so much of a value though!