Question on mailing payment to Canada-am I wrong?

yojoe.com

Question on mailing payment to Canada-am I wrong?

Please let me know the truth on if I should be as ticked as I am right now.

I bid on an auction on July 16th & left town.

Item ended on July 17th.

Sent seller an email on 19th or 20th to get address to mail payment.

Bought money order on 21st but could not send at that time because seller is in Canada and Post offfice service centers dont mail foriegn items.

Mailed item from post office on 22nd

Recieved notice from ebay today (26th) as seller has notified ebay that I have not paid!

Now is it just me or is that a little fast for items to get accross the border to start with? It has been less then 10 days since the auction ended. I am currently waiting to be paid for something I sold on the 3rd. So my question is, should this guy be jumping the gun already?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wouldn't worry about it. You got the MO and mailed it and as long as you have the stub from the MO that's verification it was bought so you'll have physical proof for ebay so you won't have to worry about a neg or an NPB or anything. As for seller, no he's not really jumping the gun. I got a package from Canada just the other day that came in under a week's time. Did you email him to tell him what was going on? Most sellers are fine if you do that much.

I have not found shipping to/from Canada to take any longer than inside the US, especially with smaller items/envelopes. However, I have waited longer than that for someone to even contact me, so filing a non paying bidder alert that early is a little cheap. If he sticks to it you should follow up with ebay to (dare I say it) retaliate.

Whatever happened to good business practices. Certain people who sell on ebay think they can use whatever shoddy business practices they want to (not shipping for a month, etc...) and some buyers expect to become the center of the universe for everyone they buy a $5 item from (you didn't ship my item the SAME DAY as you recieved payment???? You were AT WORK???? What kind of excuse is that?)
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Be advised that US Postal MOs aren't valid in Canada. Unless he lives near the border and can cross to a post office it ain't gonna do him any good.
    Dead-Eye

Not to worry - it was an international MO from my good old local grocery store!

Mail to Canada can take from 3 to 10 business days to arrive. It varies.

Quote Originally Posted by danyanda
    I have not found shipping to/from Canada to take any longer than inside the US, especially with smaller items/envelopes. However, I have waited longer than that for someone to even contact me, so filing a non paying bidder alert that early is a little cheap. If he sticks to it you should follow up with ebay to (dare I say it) retaliate.

Whatever happened to good business practices. Certain people who sell on ebay think they can use whatever shoddy business practices they want to (not shipping for a month, etc...) and some buyers expect to become the center of the universe for everyone they buy a $5 item from (you didn't ship my item the SAME DAY as you recieved payment???? You were AT WORK???? What kind of excuse is that?)
    it takes the same time? since when. im under 20 min from the border and im lucky if i get packages from canada in under 7-10 days, but i can mail stuff all over the US in about 4-5.