Thread: GI Joe Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    you just got that yesterday?
    Yes. Why the frown?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    Nice work, who did it?
    Chris who owns White Lotus tattoo in Laguna Hills, California. He's a nice guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo Shane
    Nice piece Dreadnok...drop me an email at thalljoben@shaw.ca with pics and all the artist info and i'll add it to the site.
    Okay will do.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    Yes. Why the frown?
    I think the 'confused' look he gave you when he asked if you got it today was due to how it looked. You must be blessed with great skin. Everytime I get a new tat I'm red all around it and parts of it is all scabbing up!

That being said...great tat man!! I just noticed a new inker opened up a shop a mile down the road from my house. This is a big deal because I live in a real small town. I'm going to have to go there and see what kind of work he does. I've been itching for some new ink!
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

yeah thats exactly it. thats quite a large tattoo, im surprised it wasnt red and scabbing like sinnister mentioned, you must be very lucky! anyways, really cool. ive been wanting to get a tat for awhile but not sure what to do. i think i might just get a cobra emblem to start off with, either that or the imperial insignia from star wars. all my friends think im a dork cause i want to get something that glorifies my childhood and not something "cool" like a tribal band

yeah thats exactly it. thats quite a large tattoo, im surprised it wasnt red and scabbing like sinnister mentioned, you must be very lucky! anyways, really cool. ive been wanting to get a tat for awhile but not sure what to do. i think i might just get a cobra emblem to start off with, either that or the imperial insignia from star wars. all my friends think im a dork cause i want to get something that glorifies my childhood and not something "cool" like a tribal band
    Ha! Get what you want man. You have to live with it the rest of your life so it has to be something you really like. Only warning I can give you is that I think ink is addicting. Get a tattoo with the realization that you will probably get another. Do this so you can somewhat 'plan' your ink. I like all the tats I have but looking back, I would have gotten one in a different spot than I have it now. I have several planned on what I want and where I want them and for what reason. The only place I'm considering off limits is my face. Head, neck, and the rest of me is open season (with the exception of certain parts I use to go to the bathroom ).
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    Ha! Get what you want man. You have to live with it the rest of your life so it has to be something you really like. Only warning I can give you is that I think ink is addicting. Get a tattoo with the realization that you will probably get another. Do this so you can somewhat 'plan' your ink. I like all the tats I have but looking back, I would have gotten one in a different spot than I have it now. I have several planned on what I want and where I want them and for what reason. The only place I'm considering off limits is my face. Head, neck, and the rest of me is open season (with the exception of certain parts I use to go to the bathroom ).
    Very addicting, I think I'm at 14 (but I was 15 when I started), with tats on my belly, chest, neck, back, & both arms. Many are larger peices & merge into others, but I think I'm almost done now. As far as scabbing, you need to take better care, they will get dry & itchy as they heal, & at the end of the first week, there will be some minor flaking, a lot like dandruff, but you shouldn't get any scabs. Again, nice work!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Oh okay I gotcha. I didn't have any scabbing. It was slightly red along the outline but other than that nothing. I didn't even bleed significantly. It did hurt like heck. I am beginning to experience the flaking skin that CGC mentioned. My wife got a small tattoo on her ankle the week before I got mine and she didn't have any scabbing either.

I have no regrets in getting it. GI Joe means a lot to me and I'm proud to fly my colors.

The tribal band was / is cool. They are still very popular in California (According to the tattoo guy). But I can't help but wonder if eventually the tribal is going to lose a bit of the "hip" factor if everyone in the neighborhood has one. So far I've shown my tattoo to several of my coworkers and friends and I've gotten great responses.

it maybe sounds pretty insane but I went to a tattoo shop 1.5 years ago to get:
    "Cobra" in my lip.

Unfortunately that specific shop didn't do lip-tattoos.
    Yes, it's me.