UK Mutt sealed in bag with English / Greek or Russian text - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    from what i have gathered thus far on these items they are/were a greek promotional tool to get gijoe toys moving in that country in the early 90's

until i have more info or perhaps some paperwork showing these items i am going to remain open minded

i acquired these items from a seller in greece btw

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Curt,

How many do you think exist?

to be honest steve i have no clue

remember all those figs that cmitoys.com had for sale a long time ago mib? those were american counterparts to these greek figs..basically salesman samples from overstock

so who knows how big a push they made in greece with these figures..i do find it odd some of the figure choices we have seen thus far and the weapons they matched them with

like that shadow ninjas slice with the duke gun? very odd pairing there..basically a 1994 fig with a 1983 accessory

so ultimately there is no real way to know how many exist unless or until the salesmans paperwork or a hasbro sales catalog surfaces with them in it

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information as to Gijoe toys being released in any way in Greece? The Greece section of the Yojoe International archive doesn't seem to have any pics of items that have Greek specific wording, etc.

What I can add to the knowledge of Joe's available to Greece, is minimal. I have a carded Battle Corps Destro Version 3, which lists the U.K., Portugal, and Greece distributors of the Gijoe line. The Greek distibutor info is almost 100% written in Greek. This is the only English noted:

"Distributed in Greece by Hasbro Hellas S.A. ..."

Pictured on the back are Heavy Duty, Grunt, Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, Snow Serpent, Desert Scorpion, Eel, Incinerators from Series 10, and all of Series 11.

Hope this input adds to this hunt for information.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

Carded GI Joe items where in my mom's hometown when I lasted visited Greece back in 1992. The only thing I can remember was seeing figures released in from 1988/1989 domestic line. As for the type of writting on the packaging, you try and remember something 12 years ago lol. But they must of had some hellas writting on the back of the cards for marketing.

Does anyone have any info on the El Greco toy company from Greece and if they perhaps had anything to do with GI Joe over there? All i know is that they had a couple of factories and they were quite short-lived however, they did produce and distribute My Little Pony in Greece which was of course, Hasbro's girl line which was concurrent to GI Joe...

Might be an interesting place to start looking...
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

-----Does anyone have any info on the El Greco toy company from Greece and if they perhaps had anything to do with GI Joe over there? ---------

No one?
    I tried to search the net, but no results for me this time.
    Anyone living in Greece who may find something sooner than us?
    Yes, it's me.