1982 Rock N Roll elbow rivets

yojoe.com

1982 Rock N Roll elbow rivets

I have 3 82 ROCK N ROLLS and one of them has the elbow rivets backwards. My question is what it a factory mistake or was it a later year production because the 83 swivel arms are riveted the same way. Every picture that I can find of ROCK N ROLL has the head of the rivet on the outside of the arm , the one in question is the one with the head of the rivet on the inside of the arm ., If anyone can help it would be of great help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121220_095400.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	9412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121220_095245.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	9422  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

come on people nobody has seen this ? or as an idea? I have not seen any other figure with this backwards riveting like this , it just has me puzzled , and help would be grateful ,

I could be wrong but maybe somebody repaired the arm and put the rivet in the wrong way. I know have separated the elbow and reused the rivet but I put on the correct way, lol you can see pics of the one I repaired on the rusted screws topic.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Could have been a factory screw-up. I wouldn't be surprised if some newbie factory worker at the time did his first piece the wrong way before being corrected.....
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

I am thinking it more on the factory screw side lol , I bought a collection of GI Joes from a guy that had this Rocknroll in them when he was a kid and he had the hole set of 82 figures and all of them had basically no wear on them , it was like he played with them once and put them away ., even picked up A COBRA COMMANDER mickey mouse logo mint with this same collection. None of the Joes have been altered in anyway soo I am guessing factory screw up .