Collecting US version variants...need help to clarify. 2007 to present

yojoe.com

Collecting US version variants...need help to clarify. 2007 to present

PART 3 (final) of my thread:
    So, I try to collect these "variants" with no luck. I am trying to 1. clarify they exist 2. obtain a photo of the "variant" so I know what to look for 3. confirm it is a US release, cause if it is International it belongs elsewhere in the collection and not with my US variants. Here is the list, I would greatly appreciate your input.

1. Is there a master list of the "imbossed" logo cards for the 25th annivarsary line?
    2. What does teh hooded cobra commanders "dark hood" variant look like?
    3. Is there a variant for the Cobra Legions box set?
    4. Is there a variant for the Cobra Officer's waist in the 32 1/2 comic pack?
    5. Is there a variant for the TRU Firefly vs Green Shirts set?
    6. Is there a variant for the TRU Snake Eyeys vs Red Ninjas set?
    7. What does the POC Snow Job 1003 logo on chest look like?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The PoC Snow Job has the Rise Of Cobra symbol on his chest. I don't know if it's a variant or a canceled figure, since the RoC symbol was never released.

1. I don't collect carded variations, so I don't know this one.
    2. There is an image on that figure's page:
    COBRA COMMANDER (v25), YOJOE.COM | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!
    3. Yes. There are many variations on the main list that have not yet been transferred over to the figure pages with images. Check here:
    YOJOE.COM | Action Figure Archive
    4. Yes. This on the list above.
    5. Yes. Stands originally read "G.I.JDE TROOPER" and were revised much later to read "G.I.JOE TROOPER"
    6. Not that I recall
    7. There were some at US retail (I got mine at Wal-Mart) that had the ROC logo painted over with white paint, then a POC logo applied. Others never had the ROC logo and just had the POC logoi applied directly to the plastic.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

...oh and dark hood CC was much easier to find among online retailers. He was at US retail, but easier to get if you ordered online from a US seller with a Hasbro retail account.

notpicard,

Thank you for your insights and response. I know many collectors benefit from your passion that you generously share with us. It is appreciated.

2. The Yo Joe picture is the best one that I have ever seen to show of the variation on this one. I feel like this one is difficult to see online and is easier to see in person. I have not found one for my personal collection, but have seen a couple in other peoples.
    3. For the Legions set I have never seen or heard of variations with the CC or SS.
    I have 5 legions sets:
    2 sets contained the Cobra Air Trooper with the thin gripped gun, the Cobra enemy with the thick gripped rifle and no backpack hole, and the Stinger driver with the wide gripped rifle and no backpack hole.
    2 sets contained the Cobra Air Trooper with the thick gripped gun, the Cobra enemy with the thick gripped rifle and a backpack hole, and the Stinger driver with the wide gripped rifle and a backpack hole.
    1 set contained the Cobra Air Trooper with the thick gripped gun, the Cobra enemy with the thick gripped rifle and a backpack hole, and the Stinger driver with the thin gripped rifle and a backpack hole.
    I have never found or seen the eyebrow variant on the Stinger Driver.
    Air Trooper gun variant

Driver backpack hole and gun variants

Driver eyebrows

Trooper backpack hole

4. It is not very common. I believe it can only be found in packaging without the Doc mail away offer.

7. Cancelled/test shot/Painted over logo variant/common version no paint

I also have to give Notpicard a huge thank you for all of the hard work that he puts into documenting variants. His hard work has made collecting some of these a lot easier.

Lol, when I first read this thread I didn't quite follow what notcool was asking. Then seeing those pics you put up ChicagoScott I gotta go dig out my Snow Job and take a closer look at my Legion set to see what I've got. Thanks man.

And thanks notpicard, I didn't even know there was a master list of variants on here. That's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

I am actually excited to go "Legion Set" hunting now that I can see what these look like, the photos were a HUGE help. Thank You!

Geek-Viper: even I sometimes do not understand what I am asking....

My Snow Job is the common version. Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand the painted over one has a neat back story. But on the other hand the regular one does end up looking cleaner.
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 02-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy