I Have it! Casting for Snake Eyes

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Have it! Casting for Snake Eyes

I have it the guy they should cast for snake eyes should be the guy that played Kroenen on Hellboy no lines wheres a mask awesome sword play and ninja moves and can be scarred up if the mask gets taken off seriously what do you guys think

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talking

I think that might work. The guy playing Kroenen did do a pretty good job. He got across a sense of menace, I thought.

Curious to see if they start Snake in the mask or if they mess him up on screen. Frankly, I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. I'm pretty pessimistic toward it actually.

Just got a bad feeling. Hope I'm wrong.

My worries aside, have you got any thoughts on who might play Cobra Commander?

Richard J.

I'd say Ray Park (Darth Maul) would be perfect. He's used to working with characters that have to express themselves mainly through body language (Maul and the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow) and he's a martial arts expert.

...meanwhile, I'd love to see Anthony Hopkins as Cobra Commander (he's got the voice, and really, since CC is masked, that's all you need) and Gabriel Byrne (Stigmata, Usual Suspects, End of Days) as Destro
    ....apparently I can't customize for my wants anymore.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Uhm didn't Cristopher Walken Play the Headless Hoseman in Sleepy Hollow?

I remember seeing something about the behind the scenes where he wore a blue mask on his head so they could erase it in post.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

I think Snake Eyes would have to be two different actors. One for the time when he could speak, and then a martial artist stuntman for the time he wears the mask.

I think a good actor for Snake Eyes would be Michael Dudikoff from the old "American Ninja" series movies. Now, I will concede that Mr. Dudikoff may not be one of the greatest actors of all time, but if you check out the American Ninja movies, (he was in 1, 2 and 4, I think), he has a pretty good resemblance to the Marvel comics Snake Eyes, unmasked, and he is pretty good at the ninja moves. The acting per se, may not be a big deal, since, well Snake Eyes is silent, not a whole lot of dialogue needed there. I think he would be great for the character. Not much acting to do per se, but a whole lot of butt-kicking!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	americanninja2.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	105  

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot
    Uhm didn't Cristopher Walken Play the Headless Hoseman in Sleepy Hollow?

I remember seeing something about the behind the scenes where he wore a blue mask on his head so they could erase it in post.
    Walken was only the Horseman in the scenes before he was headless. Ray Park did the headless scenes, most notably the fight scenes.
    ....apparently I can't customize for my wants anymore.

hmm so no one else thinks Kroenen should play the part hmmph i thought it was money

No no no, you're all wrong. Steve Buscemi is obviously the only man for the part.

Check him out using a modified version of the forbidden 'praying mantis at the gates of hell' style:

http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?en...play=photoshop
    Last edited by curmudgeon; 08-02-2004 at 02:48 AM.
    Whatever doesn't make me stronger only kills me

Quote Originally Posted by Darko
    ...meanwhile, I'd love to see Anthony Hopkins as Cobra Commander (he's got the voice, and really, since CC is masked, that's all you need)
    I get the feeling that we're going to see CC unmasked in this...and Hopkins isn't the physical type for CC...