GI Joe cereal boxes - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Awesome info Everett. I'm so glad you posted this stuff. Just being able to see and read about this is fun.

Do you have any idea when Ralston stopped making Action Stars cereal?
    Yeah Jim,

I don't know when the cereal stopped production. I did do a online search a while back and found that Ralston Purina was bought out by "Nestle", and then it was called "Nestle Purina". This is the same company that makes the dog food. I work in retail and came across some dog food about 3 weeks ago. What I find interesting is that the outer packaging said "Ralston Purina". It still had their checkerboard logo and was based in St. Louis, just like the address printed on the cereal boxes. So, I don't know if the company got started back up or what.

Thanks,
    Everett
    Here's my WANTLIST:

http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/84315...-wantlist.html

Here's the Photobucket link to pictures of my TRADE ITEMS: (Still have alot more to post up)

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/x...0TRADE%20ONLY/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's interesting, maybe it's like levi's and dockers. Levi's found people didn't seem to want to buy dress pants named levi's so they marketed them as dockers instead. Maybe they figured people didn't want to buy cereal from the same company that makes dogfood!

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a full box of Quick Kick and Flint for years, and only was able to get the empty ones. But Starduster, that has been impossible. Will to buy any though.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Plastic Cereal Box Holder, Styrene Cereal Box Display Case : TAP Plastics

Jim and E

found this the other day and figured it be a nice way to display your boxes

Want a crazy interesting trivia fact - did you know that in addition to the SIX boxes that were released, Ralston Purina actually had SIX MORE planned? Alas, no art was ever created for them (or characters described), as they cancelled the contract before they did any -- bad sales.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.