I WANT TO ARGUE! PT. XVI...About the JOE Eagle

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Should Hasbro use the G.I. JOE eagle?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the JOE eagle is a dope design and shouldn't languish in obscurity?

1 100.00%
  • No. Unfortunately the movies have tainted everything that's affiliated with them.

0 0%
  • I'm indifferent to the JOE eagle

0 0%

I WANT TO ARGUE! PT. XVI...About the JOE Eagle

When I saw the overview and when I noticed it in the reviews I knew that it was going to be a problem for me and when I bought Gen. Hawk this particular decision is a blemish on what is otherwise an exceptional figure. I don't like the "YO JOE!" Classified star patch on the general's bomber. The patch seems like something that would be on a 12" Hawk figure (with limited p.o.a.,) that's available at Walgreens or something that would have been on Hawk's bomber jacket had the v2 Hawk been used on the DiC cartoon.Given that I've already stated my preference on what should be the the JOE's unit patch and the Classified Series logo y'all already know what I'm going to say. The JOE eagle would have been a much better choice for not only the JOEs unit patch, but also the line's logo. The star is cool, but it's analogous to meat without seasoning or Baskin-Robbins ice cream, meaning it's bland as eff.The JOE eagle draws attention to it's design. It's striking, dynamic, beautiful in its simplicity, it screams G.I. JOE and most importantly IT LOOKS LIKE A UNIT PATCH! Just think of everywhere the Classified star is used and imagine if that was the JOE eagle, (e.g. the gas tank on the Ram, the engine cover on the Dragonfly, on the Classified packaging, that back cardboard piece the JOEs are on,) and how much better it would look. As with the JOE Pro, the JOE eagle can be the unifying symbol for the JOE team and since the USMC is "bein' funny style," about the use of its trademarks I not only don't have an issue with, (but I actively encourage,) Hasbro to use the JOE eagle as G.H.'s chest tattoo.In the case of Gen. Hawk (if for example,) they went with the gold and back JOE eagle would looked really cool on his jacket sleeve in addition to providing a dope color pop.Unfortunately, the JOE eagle is in the same realm movie Scarlett is in because both of these really dope concepts will be relegated to obscurity and only used by customizers due to their unfortunate affiliation with shitty movies. Which is ashame because the JOE eagle is one of the few good things to come out of the JOE movies.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The RoC logo looks really good as an embroidered patch. It looks like legitimate military one. I'd be all for it if they could replicate that texture on a figure. The logo is probably the best thing to come out of RoC.

The original Joe logo will always be best IMO, but I don't think it condenses well for things like patches.

So, yeah, I do think the RoC Joe logo is worth saving.

Speediance Coupon

Speediance Coupon is your ticket to unlocking incredible savings and exclusive deals on a variety of products and services. Whether you're a savvy shopper or a budget-conscious consumer, Speediance Coupon offers a range of discounts that cater to your needs. From fashion and electronics to travel and dining, these coupons bring you the thrill of making smart purchases without breaking the bank. With Speediance Coupon, you can experience the joy of finding great deals and enjoying quality products and services at a fraction of the regular cost. Don't miss out on the chance to elevate your shopping experience and save big with Speediance Coupon.https://www.wadav.com/coupons/speediance.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements