The Official YoJoe! Introductions Thread! - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I'm Jason and I'm an LEO in Texas. I LOVED GI Joe as a kid. Now I have two boys and they both love them now too. Just joined the forum after using the site for years. This place is great!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi Folks. My name is Jeff. I'm in the car business in the Dallas area. I've just recently gotten back into Joes. I had a lot of my originals from 82-85 up until the mid 90s. I decided to sell all of them and invest in the new at the time Star Wars figures. What a mistake. I've decided to try and piece my original collection back together and add the ones that I never could get. To this day, I'm still haunted by the memory of a pallet of Flaggs being marked down to $75 at the local Wal-Mart when I was kid. Even at that price, I couldn't convince my Mom to get one. Maybe someday...

Welcome aboard Jeff. I too got rid of my childhood collection and had to rebuild from scratch. Be patient and You'll find yourself a Flagg at a reasonable price. Living in a large urban area, you will eventually find one on craigslist or ebay with the local pickup option. Shipping prices are the killer though.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Welcome aboard Jeff. I too got rid of my childhood collection and had to rebuild from scratch. Be patient and You'll find yourself a Flagg at a reasonable price. Living in a large urban area, you will eventually find one on craigslist or ebay with the local pickup option. Shipping prices are the killer though.
    Thanks! I thought I had found one at a great price but I just missed it. That's my luck!

Red face

Hi all!

My name is Mark and I have been a Joe fan since I got my first one (Astro Viper) on my 11th birthday. That was some 24 years ago and I still love and collect 'em! I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and have been using yojoe.com for quite some time now to identify, expand and polish up my humble collection.

Next to interacting with fellow fans from around the world, I'm very eager to contribute to YoJoe.com, especially concerning the European products. And I have already had the pleasure of selling some EU stuff to forum member curch. Very nice guy, and I'm sure you all are

Anyway, thanks for a great site and archive!

P.s.: some questions right away: it seems I can't upload a profile picture; is there a minimum post amount for that? And second: I'm very interested in a YoJoe Pro account, but when registering I need to indicate the US state I live in; is it possible to get a Pro account as a non-US resident? I emailed webmaster@yojoe.com about it some months ago but never got a reply.

Hi all.

My name is Homer and I have been a Joe fan since the 3 3/4 figures were introduced in 1982. I got hooked on the cartoon and had to have the figures and vehicles. I had a great collection of about 14 vehicles and 50+ figures. I had most of the first three years of figures and then all of 85 and 86. I eventually got older and space was tight in the house, so I took them to a flea market and sold them for like $50 for the whole lot(I still kick myself today). Anyway I have been collecting some figures and have started parting with extras recently on eBay and have some posted here on the marketplace. G.I. Joe and Transformers were my childhood and will always hold a dear place in my heart, no matter how weird the new figures look.

Thanks for a great archive, it brings back so many memories.

Welcome to yojoe, Homer. I got rid of my childhood collection too and I still kick myself too. But, thanks to several of the guys here, I have been able to rebuild it back...and then some!
    Jason

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Hello Yo Joe Team and Fans,

My is Al and I have been collecting Joes for the better part of 25 years. I still have all my figures from when I was a kid back in the early '80s. I first started hitting up the flea markets and had found some mail order catalogs that sold loose figures, so my collecting was really just pitiful and it was a pain to get them all until the latter part of the '90s when eBay kicked my collecting bug into full throttle. I have pretty much all of the figures loose... yes i would buy them and open them up to just put them in storage. Now i have the MOC bug and i am trying to re-complete my collection. I am only looking for the figures so any vehicles or play sets that did not come with one, I would turn down. But it seems like everything made now a days comes with a figure, so being a completest , i have to get them all. The only major problem has been that I am in the USAF and have deployed several times and missed out on some of the waves and I just returned not to long ago just to find out that GI Joe is MIA in all the major outlets. I only hope that it changes for the holiday seasons.

Sorry to ramble, but I wanted to tell everyone a little about myself. I enjoy surfing the web for Joe related news and items, so I hope to be a major player in keeping the site updated with the news I find.

Cheers!
    Al

Welcome to Yojoe. Happy to have you aboard! You'll love it here.
    Jason

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Hey guys!

Jhomar Soriano aka scruffyronin here, from the Philippines. I draw and paint for a living and build dios and take pictures of my Joes as a hobby.

Yo Joe!