The Official YoJoe! Introductions Thread! - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Do you have a picture of it? And welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by raqndallace View Post
    hi im randall from columbus ohio - new to this hobby - i made a post in the vintage catagory , but i cant see it - >?? was looiking for more info on a figure i cant identify in the catalogs
    welcome to the boards ! Just wanted to give you a F.Y.I (if you didn't know already??) CTS is a toy show that happens about every fall(I think ?) in Columbus, Ohio . They have it in Cincinnati as well but it is well worth your time to check out the toy show , if you have the opportunity ? just google "CTS toy shows in Ohio" for more details . there's quite a few forum members from Ohio I think , getting to know them will help you with your collection & info - GOOD LUCK !!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hi - thanks for that info - i am friends with jaMES , the organizer of the toy show - im a 501st member and have done many personal appearances at his shows - i have just begun to dive back into figure collecting , after retiring from the cosplay world last year - im picking up vintage star wars and gi joes i had as a kid , and even "some " modern stuff ( a select few) - looking forward to being a regularly contributing member here , as i am on most other forums i frequent ( rpf, dented helmet,tpz ect )
    Last edited by raqndallace; 01-31-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Hello, I was an active Yo Joe! member back in the early-mid 2000's under the username Mr. Crimson. I have not logged on to Yo Joe! more than 10 times in almost a decade. The only reason for this new account is the fact that I can not remember my password, or the email account that I used. When I decided to get back into the G.I. Joe scene I was worried to discover how much has changed in the last decade, but once I saw dockingbay97 was still around I knew that it was familiar enough for me stick around.

-Robert

Go Joe! I'm Eddie from Chicago and am hooked on collecting Joes and Star Wars figures. Always looking for some vintage figures. I'm new to Joes and would like to learn how to match weapons and accessories with figures. I like finding file card lots at a good price
    Drop me a message and lets talk.
    Wanted: Large Lots of figures, parts and file cards
    Wanted: GI Joe File cards 1982-1986 / GI Joes 1982-1987 / Real Ghostbusters Figures / Star Trek Figures
    Collector of : GI Joes 1982-1987 / Star Wars figures 1977-1985 / Real Ghostbusters Figures / Star Trek Figures
    I am not a dealer - I am a big collector and my wife is going to shoot me.

http://www.auplod.com/u/doupla93bc6.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Eddie View Post
    Go Joe! I'm Eddie from Chicago and am hooked on collecting Joes and Star Wars figures. Always looking for some vintage figures. I'm new to Joes and would like to learn how to match weapons and accessories with figures. I like finding file card lots at a good price
    Thanks for joining ! You came to the right place . If you ever want to trade or need any help , just let me know or message me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Eddie View Post
    Like many of us, you can here for the same reason lol. Go into the archive (the "Toys" link at the top). Once you've got some figures in front of you click on WHOBIT(Whose Helmet Or Backpack Is This?) Or for ease click this: http://www.yojoe.com/action/whobit/ It has all the vintage weapons up to the Sound Attack series. You find a picture of the weapon you have and it tells you which figures came with it. All else fails just go into the vintage section of the forums and ask the members for help. Guys like getoe1 are always happy to help. Thanks for joining and have some fun diving deep into the world of Joe!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

What's up guys! I've been a lurker for years. Found the site many years ago (maybe '01-02?) using the whobit feature, and was blown away. I thought my collection as a kid was lost forever, until my parents found it in their attic a few weeks ago (even after I searched through the attic!). Been waiting years to start the collection, and got the green light from the Mrs., so i'm stoked to start building the idea i've had in my head for years.

Favorite GI Joe Memories:

--traded Tomax + Xamot and Baronness (figures only) to a friend for 3 NES games (Maniac Mansion is the only one i remember now), and I've regretted it for years. Still in touch with the friend though.

--combining star wars figures with GI Joes for epic battles circa 1988

--playing the GI Joe movie theme full blast for 45 minutes in my college dorm, circa 2001.

Hi Guys, using the WHOBIT brought me here, my name is Jesus - but I go by J-Rod, look forward to learning more about the GI JOE history and maybe making some trades to complete some stuff I picked up over the past decade.

YO JOE!