The Official YoJoe! Introductions Thread! - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Alright, so i found my bag of joes from where i kept them from when i was younger. of course sitting in there for 20 years most have o-ring or screw problems which is how i came across this site.... then it just got me thinking and wanting to start collecting these again. So just wanted to say HI, introduce myself and see what tips, resources, ideas you guys have around a newbie starting now as an adult to collect what he started as a child. Thanks for the read and would like to hear from you guys. My name is Javi and I'm from miami, fl.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

WELCOME aboard! This is a great place to start. You can search what others have for sale and also get 100s of tips!

Quote Originally Posted by javi247 View Post
    Alright, so i found my bag of joes from where i kept them from when i was younger. of course sitting in there for 20 years most have o-ring or screw problems which is how i came across this site.... then it just got me thinking and wanting to start collecting these again. So just wanted to say HI, introduce myself and see what tips, resources, ideas you guys have around a newbie starting now as an adult to collect what he started as a child. Thanks for the read and would like to hear from you guys. My name is Javi and I'm from miami, fl.
    ----------------------------------------
    Jaster113
    aka - Law
    eBay username - jaster11388 click here for eBay right now

------------------------------------------

I just wanted to say hi to the forum and I had some questions that are probably pretty basic and newbie of me, but I couldn't find the answers while looking through the site....so here we go.

1) I recently decided to sell my G.I. Joe vehicles from 1985-1990. Can someone explain how the marketplace system works? I tried clicking on an item just to see what happens, and it said "Are you sure you want to buy this?". I was just looking around so I didn't click on "ok". What happens if I hit "ok"? Are prices negotiable through the marketplace? Is shipping just handled through contact with the seller?

2) Do I have to sell my items through the marketplace or can I post a thread in the "for sale" section?

3) How does the selling fee work and how do I pay it (I signed up under the "basic" plan)? Who does that go to (I'm assuming yojoe.com)?

4) What are the general Pros / Cons of using the marketplace vs. the forum?

Sorry, I know these are probably stupid questions but I never tried to sell anything online before. I'm hoping to sell my items to people who will appreciate them as much as I did and so I thought I would start here before trying ebay or craigslist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, feel free to PM me with any responses if they shouldn't be posed here.
    Last edited by Dermochelys; 11-18-2014 at 01:10 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

check this out guys

not sure where to put this but please like and share wherever you can thanks guys!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQng...8W_zwxELRIWhuQ

Hello. I am new here and see this is the thread for introductions. I am tmntleo45. I've been tmntleo45 for awhile, I was on many forms, from PCN to Rangerboard. It is nice to be here and I hope to make some friends and grow my knowledge of G.I. Joe

Hello all!

Hi, everybody.

So, earlier this week, I felt the urge to look at G.I. Joe figures for the first time since I was a child. I was born in Wisconsin in 1971, so I started playing with Joes right about when the 3 3/4" figures hit the market for the very first time. Back in the old days when the figures were simple, and couldn't be articulated basically at all. But they were still great. I played Joes with three or four of my friends. By the time I was done 3 or 4 years later, I had enough figures and vehicles where I could have shot a movie myself, if only I had a camera!

I decided to get back into collecting because I wanted a new hobby. Unfortunately, I have far too much time on my hands now, so I figured, why not? About five years ago, I hurt my back helping my then girlfriend move into her new home, and I am now on permanent disability because of my back. I spend the vast majority of my day in bed watching tv, trying to keep comfortable with the pain medications they prescribe me. So, this should be right up my alley. I can collect, or work on custom figures. I can also render my creations in Photoshop.

I moved to Texas in 1989 with my family. After finishing my education, majoring in political science, and minoring in economics, I bounced between a few jobs before finally moving forward. I got my NASD licenses, and became a stockbroker. I loved my job, and wish I could still work. I am hoping this will help fill my time creatively.

So, that's a bit about me. I am a huge baseball and football fan, especially my Brewers and Packers. I also play the guitar, too. I am classically trained, playing a Yamaha nylon string classical, and progressive rock/metal on an Ibanez S series custom.

I look forward to talking to everybody, and becoming a member of the community!

Bill
    You will never see me.

G'day and welcome to all the newest members!!!!
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Hey Bill! Nice to have ya. You'll find we're a pretty friendly group and have some good times here.

Be sure to post some of your creations in the custom section. I love seeing all the cool ideas people come up with!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

intog

Thank you guys!

Geek-Viper, I certainly will. I'm working on a concept right now, and I'm about to start a topic on that very thing when I'm done posting here.
    You will never see me.

hi im randall from columbus ohio - new to this hobby - i made a post in the vintage catagory , but i cant see it - >?? was looiking for more info on a figure i cant identify in the catalogs