I've had a lot of questions about this, and here's my direct answer: We have not developed the script. So we don't know exactly how they fit in," - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...rossover-movieThe G.I. JOE film franchise is in the same predicament that my beloved Oakland Athletics are in. They both suffer from horrible and shitty ownership. At least where G.I. JOE is concerned at least I can hontestly say (for what it's worth,) at least Lorenzo di Bonaventura is making an effort to put a decent product out on the market.I'm not saying knowing every movie has to have a clear direction in where they want go with it, (after all the MCU's first post credit scene scene in Iron Man was an improvisational tool,) but when given LdiB's track record with live action JOE films for him to say they don't know what they want to do with the JOEs and the Transformers is troubling because ole boy has owned the rights to G.I. JOE for damn 20 years and (in my honest opinion,) di Bonaventura still only has a rudimentary understanding of the JOEverse, the characters motivations, and how they interact with each other. In short LdiB is putting on the latex gloves reaching into the chamber pot and is going to (yet again,) fling the proverbial solid human waste at the wall and see if it sticks.Another thing I find troubling is this.but the answer is like in every other movie, a group of humans and robots fight the bad guy to save the day. G.I. Joes will be part of that.?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...rossover-movieOne of the biggest complaints that I heard about the Transformers films is that the Autobots and thr Decepticons are hardly in the movies and I think this will be more of the same which is a disservice to fans of both of the franchises. I don't want to see the JOEs be the main protagonists in what is supposed to be a Transformers projects.Continuity definitely matters, di Bonaventura stresses,Here LdiB says continuity matters, but then seemingly contradicts himself with the next line when he says,?For me personally, I think [continuity?s] overblown, because sometimes you miss a great idea.If you ever wondered how we got giant man eating snakes that ate those of an unpure heart and how Snake Eyes was unlikable in the Snake Eyes: G.I. JOE Origins this is how. This mutha****a thought the shit was a good idea.Continuity isn't "overblown," because it's continuity that brings cohesiveness and symmetry to your universe so that the story your trying to tell makes sense.Lorenzo di Bonaventura is the wrong dude to head the G.I. JOE films because 1) He lacks a rudimentary understanding of G.I. JOE, 2) His laissez-faire attitude towards the G. I. JOE continuity.3) His inability to assemble a team that can tell a good G.I. JOE story.I hope the Transformers/G.I. JOE crossover does well because if it doesn't it will just give credence to the fallacious notion that G.I. JOE isn't viable as a live action property, but man as long as ole boy is the executive producer on live action JOE projects I can't help but to be pessimistic.