Toy Fair 2013 - G.I. Joe "Best in Show" - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There's a reason that the Troopers are all clones and droids in Clone Wars......

Clone Wars tends to skirt the issue of people killing people, the clones are people afterall and there have been some other deaths, but for the most part there isn't people on people violence/killing.

It's why the Joes and Cobra always missed and always saw the Cobras managing to escape the vehicles explosions in Sunbow.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm seeing this Budo as sort of a "training Budo", the uniform the guy would wear in the dojo, with an unseen "mission uniform"

Quote Originally Posted by General_Hawk View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love me some Budo, but in the realm of modern military action and 21st Century special forces, I just have a hard time rationalizing that figure in my "universe". I love the figure, they did a fantastic job on it, but he doesn't fit my G.I. Joe "style" like some of the more military guys do.
    I'll probably keep 3. Two, as is, as statues in my Dojo dios, the third will most likely get Spray painted all white in a static pose as "marble statue."
    COMING SOON

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by General_Hawk View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love me some Budo, but in the realm of modern military action and 21st Century special forces, I just have a hard time rationalizing that figure in my "universe". I love the figure, they did a fantastic job on it, but he doesn't fit my G.I. Joe "style" like some of the more military guys do.
    I agree. The style just doesn't fit in my Joeverse. Had the same issue with the Zombie-Viper. But like Z-V, I'll buy Budo because I want Hasbro to continue to push the boundrys of the line. Budo is a stellar figure, one of the best and most detailed sculpts Hasbro has done. I want them to keep pushing the limits of what they can do with a figure.

For every figure like Zombie-Viper, Budo, Data-Viper there may be only one I want for my Joeverse (Data-Viper) but the others just make Hasbro better at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by The L.O.C. View Post
    I'll probably keep 3. Two, as is, as statues in my Dojo dios, the third will most likely get Spray painted all white in a static pose as "marble statue."
    I like this idea alot.

Man, the Tomahawk copter looks fantastic! I only wish I had the funds for it.