\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Where Should I Start?\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n So, as I mentioned in the intro thread, I\'m interested in collecting a "core" collection of my favourite figures (mostly 1982-1992-ish, but I have a feeling I will end up collecting more than those!) and I\'ve been trying to read up on stuff here at the site as best I can.
\n
\nMy question is where should I start with my collection, in terms of which figures to buy? Should I buy the 1982/83 figures first? The first figure I ever got was Grunt, so that one has some sentimental value, if nothing else. Also, for MOC/MISB items, where is the best place to go for these? I don\'t mind eBay prices, though they can be a bit high at times. I\'ve also looked here, and prices seem reasonable on things.
\n
\nI guess I\'m just looking for some direction as I start a collection.
\n
\nAlso, is it worth me selling my old, loose joe items to fund the MOC figures? I\'m going to go through what I have this summer and "cull the collection". I literally haven\'t looked at them for years, so it should be interesting!
\n
\nThanks for any help or advice ahead of time!\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[660451] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Kronz\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Kronz is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Kronz\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I would suggest keeping an eye on the seller forum here, I have gotten most of my best MLC figures here, and often by people who were selling them at fixed, reasonable prices, before putting them up for auction on ebay. Collectors here seem to really take care of one another.
    \n
    \nIf I were you I\'d make a list of what you want, and just go at it methodically piece by piece. These toys generally exist in the millions of copies so you aren\'t going to miss out on getting one if you really want it, at least as far as the core retail toys are concerned. All you need is patience. As for MOC, you can expect to pay between 10 and 100 times the price per figure for early stuff. It\'s really only when you get into the later years (say, 87-94) that MOC becomes generally more reasonably priced. If you want MOC Canadian items you can probably expect up to 200x MLC prices, I think I saw a Canadian Snake Eyes v1 MOC for over $3k a few years ago! If you\'re looking to spend a lot on a collection, I would say get one loose to enjoy and one MLC to preserve. But as an avid proponent of fun, I think a minty loose collection is just as impressive. Have fun!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[660512] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n canuckjoefan\r\n \r\n
    \r\n canuckjoefan is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by Kronz\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I would suggest keeping an eye on the seller forum here, I have gotten most of my best MLC figures here, and often by people who were selling them at fixed, reasonable prices, before putting them up for auction on ebay. Collectors here seem to really take care of one another.
    \n
    \nIf I were you I\'d make a list of what you want, and just go at it methodically piece by piece. These toys generally exist in the millions of copies so you aren\'t going to miss out on getting one if you really want it, at least as far as the core retail toys are concerned. All you need is patience. As for MOC, you can expect to pay between 10 and 100 times the price per figure for early stuff. It\'s really only when you get into the later years (say, 87-94) that MOC becomes generally more reasonably priced. If you want MOC Canadian items you can probably expect up to 200x MLC prices, I think I saw a Canadian Snake Eyes v1 MOC for over $3k a few years ago! If you\'re looking to spend a lot on a collection, I would say get one loose to enjoy and one MLC to preserve. But as an avid proponent of fun, I think a minty loose collection is just as impressive. Have fun!
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Thanks for the info and advice, Kronz! I appreciate it!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[660702] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Lt. Night Viper\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Lt. Night Viper is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Lt. Night Viper\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'d say start collecting where you want. Your collection is what you want it to be. Seems like you have a plan, go after the loose ones you want, then if you get to the point where you want to fill in the holes in you collection, go for it. If you have the money and time, you can collect MOC/MISB examples at the same time as you find them. Or you can save that till after you\'re done collecting loose items.
    \n
    \nAs far as your old childhood joes, never sell them. You can never get them back once you do sell them. With all the memories you made with them, the figures are irreplacable.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!
    \n
    \nWant List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html
    \n
    \nSale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[660822] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Night Viper\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I\'d say start collecting where you want. Your collection is what you want it to be. Seems like you have a plan, go after the loose ones you want, then if you get to the point where you want to fill in the holes in you collection, go for it. If you have the money and time, you can collect MOC/MISB examples at the same time as you find them. Or you can save that till after you\'re done collecting loose items.
    \n
    \nAs far as your old childhood joes, never sell them. You can never get them back once you do sell them. With all the memories you made with them, the figures are irreplacable.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Also some excellent points here, especially about the joes that I have. Thanks!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[661021] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n grunt 4 mvp\r\n \r\n
    \r\n grunt 4 mvp is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n grunt 4 mvp\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I agree - keep your old stuff. If it\'s incomplete and you want complete ones, buy another one and put the accessories with your old figure; trade/sell the new figure on it\'s own. Nothing gave me more joy than completing the Thunder Machine that my grandpa gave me.
    \r\nAlso, decide now if you want incomplete figures, loose complete or MOC. Some people start with just figures and then trying to get accessories after can be costly.
    \r\nFinally, buy lots rather than 1 at a time. Save shipping and lower price point. You can usually trade what you don\'t want anyway.
    \r\nPM me about where you are in Canada - I can point you in a couple good directions!
    \r\nCheers!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[661051] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Kronz\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Kronz is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Kronz\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n that\'s a good point about completing figures. sometimes the gear piece by piece will set you back more than just buying a complete set with a well-used figure. it\'s also always good to have extra figures around for t-bars, screws and the ever-so-fragile crotches.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[661222] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n This is all great info, and thanks to everyone! \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[663431] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n FireFox91\r\n \r\n
    \r\n FireFox91 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n FireFox91\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Start with with the stuff you were the most fond of as a kid. Mine was the Wolverine. I got that and a Skystriker and then it took off from there. I now have all sorts of stuff I never had as a kid, but I love it all.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[665011] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n GIJeff\r\n \r\n
    \r\n GIJeff is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Let\'s talk I have a lot of the 82 v1 figures cept for clutch rock n roll and zap
    \nAlso have toys from 82 these are not in the box or on the card but I have all file cards and blue prints\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[665022] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by GIJeff\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Let\'s talk I have a lot of the 82 v1 figures cept for clutch rock n roll and zap
    \nAlso have toys from 82 these are not in the box or on the card but I have all file cards and blue prints
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Indeed! Thanks! The more I\'m looking at things, the more I think the advice people have given here is sound. I think I am only going to get a limited amount of MOC stuff (like the 82-83 stuff....some of it) then have the rest as loose. There are a few big "gems" that I would like to get, though, like the Flagg and the Defiant, eventually. The price of those, though, is usually so high that I would get those loose also.
    \n
    \nThanks again to everyone for their great advice and info! This place rocks!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[666381] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #12\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n RGraves\r\n \r\n
    \r\n RGraves is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n RGraves\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'d start with the items you liked best as a kid and work from there.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[668681] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #13\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n fielal21\r\n \r\n
    \r\n fielal21 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n fielal21\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Good Luck!\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by RGraves\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I\'d start with the items you liked best as a kid and work from there.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

\nI agree! Most likely after you start, you will expand. However, start by buying the ones you had because those will always mean more to you. For me, is all about that feeling. Yeah, sometimes I have over paid but the feeling of just owning them is priceless. Good Luck! Robert\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Help Me! Check out my GI Joe Wanted List Below!
    \r\n
    \r\nhttp://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/113481-my-wish-wanted-need-list.html
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[668192] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #14\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Well, looks like I\'m starting with the Flagg, as well as the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander (thanks GIJeff!). I may get some MOC stuff, but you guys have convinced me loose is the way to go for the majority of this stuff!
    \n
    \nI can see why people get into collecting Joe stuff! I gotta make sure I keep the collection manageable!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[668391] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #15\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n RGraves\r\n \r\n
    \r\n RGraves is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n RGraves\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by canuckjoefan\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Well, looks like I\'m starting with the Flagg, as well as the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander (thanks GIJeff!). I may get some MOC stuff, but you guys have convinced me loose is the way to go for the majority of this stuff!
    \n
    \nI can see why people get into collecting Joe stuff! I gotta make sure I keep the collection manageable!
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    That\'s really a big start,but a very strong one.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[668482] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #16\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by RGraves\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    That\'s really a big start,but a very strong one.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Thanks! \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[669081] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #17\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n YELSEW\r\n \r\n
    \r\n YELSEW is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I only wanted to collect a few and then about 8000 figures later I am still just collecting a few! Get the ones that you really like as a kid first and then work from there. It won\'t take long. My advise, get a couple of big lots and sort through them and use the leftovers to trade/fund the other figures. If you are doing MOC, then the lot thing might not be the best bet. It is a great hobby!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[673031] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #18\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n FireFox91\r\n \r\n
    \r\n FireFox91 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n FireFox91\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Wow, starting with a Flagg? I didn\'t get one until I was collecting as an adult for at least 4-5 years. The good news is that you have a place to park all of the aircraft you get from this point forward. \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[673072] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #19\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Wow, starting with a Flagg? I didn\'t get one until I was collecting as an adult for at least 4-5 years. The good news is that you have a place to park all of the aircraft you get from this point forward.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Haha! Yep, that\'s what I plan to do! I was just REALLY fortunate to find a Flagg in Canada that was complete (advertised as such, gonna check it out fully for all the items this weekend) and the seller was here in Canada, so the shipping wasn\'t more than the Flagg was worth. It was also a reasonable price that I was willing to pay - it was slightly more than I wanted to pay, but still a good value at the price, I thought. I was also afraid the shipping was going to cost me a fortune, but it was only about $90, which isn\'t bad. As well, it was in good condition and the speaker works. Only downside is no original box or instructions, but I see there\'s instructions here on the site to put this beast together! And the box I can always pick up later!
    \n
    \nI figured I was going to get one anyways, and this seems to be one of the "holy trinity" of joe items, so I may as well commit while I had a good opportunity! eBay still has some good deals at times, it seems.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[798501] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #20\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n heavyduty1\r\n \r\n
    \r\n heavyduty1 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Start with what you want. Possibly by years or by sentimental value! Or you don\'t even need an order if you don\'t want one. I just look for good deals and when I find one I buy it or buy what I want at the time.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[660402] = "798501,660451"; pn[0] = ",660402"; pn[660451] = "660402,660512"; pn[660512] = "660451,660702"; pn[660702] = "660512,660822"; pn[660822] = "660702,661021"; pn[661021] = "660822,661051"; pn[661051] = "661021,661222"; pn[661222] = "661051,663431"; pn[663431] = "661222,665011"; pn[665011] = "663431,665022"; pn[665022] = "665011,666381"; pn[666381] = "665022,668681"; pn[668681] = "666381,668802"; pn[668802] = "668681,668192"; pn[668192] = "668802,668391"; pn[668391] = "668192,668482"; pn[668482] = "668391,669081"; pn[669081] = "668482,673031"; pn[673031] = "669081,673072"; pn[673072] = "673031,798501"; pn[798501] = "673072,660402"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[77732] = "canuckjoefan"; pu[10266] = "Kronz"; pu[10602] = "Lt. Night Viper"; pu[6334] = "grunt 4 mvp"; pu[1830] = "FireFox91"; pu[78041] = "GIJeff"; pu[73291] = "RGraves"; pu[78802] = "fielal21"; pu[3943] = "YELSEW"; pu[98151] = "heavyduty1"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where Should I Start?

So, as I mentioned in the intro thread, I'm interested in collecting a "core" collection of my favourite figures (mostly 1982-1992-ish, but I have a feeling I will end up collecting more than those!) and I've been trying to read up on stuff here at the site as best I can.

My question is where should I start with my collection, in terms of which figures to buy? Should I buy the 1982/83 figures first? The first figure I ever got was Grunt, so that one has some sentimental value, if nothing else. Also, for MOC/MISB items, where is the best place to go for these? I don't mind eBay prices, though they can be a bit high at times. I've also looked here, and prices seem reasonable on things.

I guess I'm just looking for some direction as I start a collection.

Also, is it worth me selling my old, loose joe items to fund the MOC figures? I'm going to go through what I have this summer and "cull the collection". I literally haven't looked at them for years, so it should be interesting!

Thanks for any help or advice ahead of time!