Where Should I Start? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJeff View Post
    Let's talk I have a lot of the 82 v1 figures cept for clutch rock n roll and zap
    Also have toys from 82 these are not in the box or on the card but I have all file cards and blue prints
    Indeed! Thanks! The more I'm looking at things, the more I think the advice people have given here is sound. I think I am only going to get a limited amount of MOC stuff (like the 82-83 stuff....some of it) then have the rest as loose. There are a few big "gems" that I would like to get, though, like the Flagg and the Defiant, eventually. The price of those, though, is usually so high that I would get those loose also.

Thanks again to everyone for their great advice and info! This place rocks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd start with the items you liked best as a kid and work from there.

Well, looks like I'm starting with the Flagg, as well as the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander (thanks GIJeff!). I may get some MOC stuff, but you guys have convinced me loose is the way to go for the majority of this stuff!

I can see why people get into collecting Joe stuff! I gotta make sure I keep the collection manageable!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by canuckjoefan View Post
    Well, looks like I'm starting with the Flagg, as well as the Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander (thanks GIJeff!). I may get some MOC stuff, but you guys have convinced me loose is the way to go for the majority of this stuff!

I can see why people get into collecting Joe stuff! I gotta make sure I keep the collection manageable!
    That's really a big start,but a very strong one.

Quote Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
    That's really a big start,but a very strong one.
    Thanks!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
    I'd start with the items you liked best as a kid and work from there.

I agree! Most likely after you start, you will expand. However, start by buying the ones you had because those will always mean more to you. For me, is all about that feeling. Yeah, sometimes I have over paid but the feeling of just owning them is priceless. Good Luck! Robert
    Help Me! Check out my GI Joe Wanted List Below!

http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/113481-my-wish-wanted-need-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by fielal21 View Post
    I agree! Most likely after you start, you will expand. However, start by buying the ones you had because those will always mean more to you. For me, is all about that feeling. Yeah, sometimes I have over paid but the feeling of just owning them is priceless. Good Luck! Robert
    Also great advice, thanks!

The more I'm looking at stuff, the more it really occurs to that 1982-87 were the years that had my interest with GI Joes. 83-85, especially. I'm looking at stuff like Star Brigade, and for me, that doesn't really capture the essence of what GI Joe was about when I was getting them years ago. I'm sure those had their audience, but the early lines were my favorite, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckjoefan View Post
    Also great advice, thanks!

The more I'm looking at stuff, the more it really occurs to that 1982-87 were the years that had my interest with GI Joes. 83-85, especially. I'm looking at stuff like Star Brigade, and for me, that doesn't really capture the essence of what GI Joe was about when I was getting them years ago. I'm sure those had their audience, but the early lines were my favorite, by far.
    I totally understand! I actually stopped at 1986. I'm attempting to complete the MOC set from 1982 to 1986. I only got 15 to go! As a child I did not collect the 87' either so I have no interest on that set. I am attempting to get some of the vehicles/figure sets too but I'm going to stick with loose only. I plan to display them under the MOC figures.
    Help Me! Check out my GI Joe Wanted List Below!

http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/113481-my-wish-wanted-need-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by fielal21 View Post
    I totally understand! I actually stopped at 1986. I'm attempting to complete the MOC set from 1982 to 1986. I only got 15 to go! As a child I did not collect the 87' either so I have no interest on that set. I am attempting to get some of the vehicles/figure sets too but I'm going to stick with loose only. I plan to display them under the MOC figures.
    Need any 82 vehicles let me know have all but 2

I only wanted to collect a few and then about 8000 figures later I am still just collecting a few! Get the ones that you really like as a kid first and then work from there. It won't take long. My advise, get a couple of big lots and sort through them and use the leftovers to trade/fund the other figures. If you are doing MOC, then the lot thing might not be the best bet. It is a great hobby!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!