2012 Con Set Reissue (OG vs IG)

yojoe.com

2012 Con Set Reissue (OG vs IG)

As I promised several people, I wanted to get this info up as soon as possible. I'd like if some others chimed in as to what they received in a couple of instances. But I can say that my figures are a mix of some that look identical to the ones I picked up last year. But others are quite different.

First, a new COA:

I am not sure if this is consistent across all pins, but they are definitely higher on the new ones:

Voltar may need some confirmation. Do all or most of the reissue set lack the red detail on the leg?

Schrage also needs some confirmation. Do all or most of the reissue set lack the red star on the arm?

General Iron Bear now sports a much heavier peppered hair look about him. The white wipe on my original figure (pictured right) has such little white that I didn't even notice it until now. It looks like the new one is sporting a Reverse Reed Richards while the original one only has gray above the sideburns.

But what is more important is that he now comes with an additional accessory. However, it is possible that this was originally left out because it does not fit properly on the figure.

Iron Grenadiers (v9) has a significantly different shade of red (that is not showing up so easily in pictures) and a slightly different shade of gold on accessories:

But the biggest difference in any figure is with Iron Grenadiers (v10):

Note that the gloves and boots now do not have the brown paint applications. Like Iron Grenadiers (v9) the gold on the accessories is also slightly different.
    Last edited by notpicard; 03-18-2013 at 07:54 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by notpicard View Post
    But what is more important is that he now comes with an additional accessory. However, it is possible that this was originally left out because it does not fit properly on the figure.

Here's the slide from the Joe Club presentation at the New Orleans con last year:

You can see the shoulder holster in that pic. The reason they gave for not including it back then was exactly that - it didn't fit properly. Curious that they would change their minds now.

I can confirm that the red is missing from my Voltar and the star is missing from my Schrage.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I ordered mine and it arrived. Everything matches up with mine. Mine also came with the second run of the comic.
    Have constant patience and die a reason

http://www.rahcguide.com

This is interesting. I like the new color of boots on the V10 IG's. I've been so tempted to get this set but $360 is so much to spend at one time. That really sucks about the Red Star missing on Schrage. That is pretty important IMO.