European Tiger Sting

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

European Tiger Sting

I've wanted one of these for a long time, and I just completed a transaction with Buddusky (Thanks!) for one complete with the box. This is the one with the push-on water cans like the Vamp Mk II. Does anyone know how rare these are? Am I right to think that they were only sold in continental Europe?

It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm really excited. I saw one of these a few years ago on Ebay that I missed out on, and havn't seen one since (though I really havn't been actively searching).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joenorth View Post
    I've wanted one of these for a long time, and I just completed a transaction with Buddusky (Thanks!) for one complete with the box. This is the one with the push-on water cans like the Vamp Mk II. Does anyone know how rare these are? Am I right to think that they were only sold in continental Europe?

Good deal there !

The euro tiger sting could be found in most Western European countries.
    Inevitably successful in all circumstances.

They show up often enough. I've had a few and didn't look too long before finding one.

- Yellow accessories on the Euro version are much brighter than the US version.
    - Water cans instead of gas cans as you mentioned.
    - Uses MkII mold including shovel and blanket on hood, unlike US version which used the original Vamp body.
    - White instead of blue background "Tiger Force" decals.

It's a bit tricky placing the teeth decal on the side with the shovel. I did a custom cut job to make it happen.

My Vamp invasion will begin in a month or so and you can see photos of all of them then.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
    They show up often enough. I've had a few and didn't look too long before finding one.

- Yellow accessories on the Euro version are much brighter than the US version.
    - Water cans instead of gas cans as you mentioned.
    - Uses MkII mold including shovel and blanket on hood, unlike US version which used the original Vamp body.
    - White instead of blue background "Tiger Force" decals.

It's a bit tricky placing the teeth decal on the side with the shovel. I did a custom cut job to make it happen.

My Vamp invasion will begin in a month or so and you can see photos of all of them then.
    Do you have every Vamp yet? Wasn't sure if you were missing any still

No problem Chad, it's on it's way as of yesterday.

It was never released in the UK, only Europe. It's noted on one of the catalogue inserts.

Sorry Tolan, I have no spare parts. Drop Graham UK a line.

Other Chad, for your VAMP quest do you know about the Panther Blueprint variants?
    Last edited by Buddusky; 03-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    "I would like to drink a toast to Batman... Shuperman... and the Human Torch. AH-HA-HA!" Billy Buddusky

Quote Originally Posted by Buddusky View Post
    Other Chad, for your VAMP quest do you know about the Panther Blueprint variants?
    I do have three different Panther blueprints, maybe there is more, it was just blind luck that I ended up with them. I believe I got at least two of them from you Jon. I have a black ink and a blue ink version of one set, and then another blue ink version of a different layout.

I'm still missing many Vamps, but it's not for lack of searching. I try everyday, but I've really hit a wall. I've been building a website for the last year to show my collection and I'm finally getting closer to it being done. It's not a reference or archive type website, more an art gallery type look to it. It has all my figures and vehicles and print stuff, etc, but then there is a more in-depth section dedicated to the Vamp design. There are about 40 world variations and 16 customs that will be shown, along with blueprint and box variations.

Here's my hard to find M.I.A. list if ANYONE can help me.

Vehicles;
    - SAS Panther (black roll bar with center hood stencil logo)
    - SAS Panther (yellow roll bar with side hood stencil logo)
    - ANY Funskool light green Vamp complete. (I finally found one but it is missing some parts and has some glue repair, but it's better than nothing)
    - Nilco Vamp complete
    - Bootleg 25th Vamp (with silver parts)
    - tiny die cast metal Vamp
    - tiny plastic Vamp MkII

Blueprints;
    - Tiger Sting (Canadian version)
    - Funskool Vamp
    - Nilco Vamp

Boxes;
    - Vamp MkII (Canadian box uncut)
    - Tiger Sting (Canadian box uncut)
    - Stinger (Canadian box uncut)
    - Jipe de Ataque (Brazil)
    - Sears Vamp / Hal
    - Sears Dreadnok Ground Assault
    - MSV
    - Cobra Combat Set
    - Funskool Vamp
    - Nilco Vamp

You can probably see why I've hit a collecting wall, these are all hard to come by, compete and in decent shape. For that reason I just decided to show what I have because it might not get any better. Aire still has the greatest Vamp collection, and that's unlikely to change. I only wish I could find some of the beauties she has.

In any regard, I have what I have, and I think collectors would still like to see it, especially the handful of Vamp fans like me.

Stay tuned....
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

I will help you work on finding those items. Are you going to Joecon? I will be there. Also, there is a rumor that the both molds of the Vamp were used for the Takara line, one with shovel and one without, not sure if its true but I have had many Vamps and have only seen the shovel version. You have the Kabaya Vamp, correct? Forget if you got one from me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sirt8669 View Post
    I will help you work on finding those items. Are you going to Joecon? I will be there. Also, there is a rumor that the both molds of the Vamp were used for the Takara line, one with shovel and one without, not sure if its true but I have had many Vamps and have only seen the shovel version. You have the Kabaya Vamp, correct? Forget if you got one from me or not.
    Hi, any help you can offer is very much appreciated. You've helped me get a few things already (Takara Stinger, the crazy little Japanese GIJOE pocket book). I got my Takara Vamp on ebay, don't think from you though (maybe I'm wrong), and it has the shovel too.

I won't be at the Con, I have yet to get to one. That's the reality of being on the far west coast of Canada, it's so expensive to get to one.

I don't have the Kabaya kit. If one came along I would probably be interested though.

I was hoping you would make this Joecon. I have sold a few Takara Vamps, you may have picked it up from me, never know. I will ask my contact to see if he has any Kabaya Vamps, they are quite cool. Glad to help you out wherever I can!

Quote Originally Posted by sirt8669 View Post
    I was hoping you would make this Joecon. I have sold a few Takara Vamps, you may have picked it up from me, never know. I will ask my contact to see if he has any Kabaya Vamps, they are quite cool. Glad to help you out wherever I can!
    can you give a link to what a Kabaya vamp is ? thanks !