I really like Cobra Commander in the comic now...

yojoe.com

I really like Cobra Commander in the comic now...

...He's become so horrifically ruthless and evil! His defeat of Serpentor, shooting Billy, shooting Hawk... Wearing all black! It's nice to see him portrayed the way I always felt he should be. It's just too bad he can't inspire any loyalty. I'd like to see him get into it with Destro and slap him around some, just to gain his respect and loyalty again. On the subject of CC, why do the CGI films portray him as a raving moron? That drove me crazy in "Spy-Troops"...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KolobosRexx
    ...He's become so horrifically ruthless and evil! His defeat of Serpentor, shooting Billy, shooting Hawk... Wearing all black! It's nice to see him portrayed the way I always felt he should be. It's just too bad he can't inspire any loyalty. I'd like to see him get into it with Destro and slap him around some, just to gain his respect and loyalty again. On the subject of CC, why do the CGI films portray him as a raving moron? That drove me crazy in "Spy-Troops"...
    Name a cartoon for kids where the main villain isn't a little bit of a buffoon.

I can actually name a few...

...David Xanatos on Disney's "Gargoyles" was one of the best-written and most interesting animated villains ever: probably the most complex & Machiavellian villain ever seen in a kids' show... That show was awfully sophisticated for kids, anyway. Any animated Batman villain, including Joker... And Skeletor on the 2002 He-Man cartoon was quite evil, intelligent and vicious, despite that his henchmen weren't neccesarily brilliant. Insanity ultimately always proved his downfall. Even Mumm-Ra on "Thundercats" wasn't silly, mostly just quite creepy and ruthless, especially towards the series end. Then there's Shredder on the current TMNT show: Utterly ruthless and cruel, not goofy at all: This guy maims and cripples as a means of object lessons, and is known for killing failed low-level henchmen in early episodes... The CC in "Spy-Troops" is just too over-the-top... He doesn't even come off as intelligent.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You named only ONE cartoon that was fully aimed toward kids and all of them from the modern era except Thundercats. And Mumm-ra was ridiculous.... Mumm-mutt! Mumm-mutt! You take that show seriously?

Spytroops was like an experiment and was aimed as much at kids as it was for nostaglic fans.

Cobra Commander was hilarious in the Spytroops. He was easily the best part.

Exclamation History check!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike JT
    Mumm-mutt! Mumm-mutt! You take that show seriously?
    The Pharos were known for taking their pets with them.

OT: I was dissapointed in spytroops as well but I appreciate how DD has treated the top snake.
    Last edited by FireChief420; 08-11-2004 at 02:03 AM. Reason: on topic

to me the cc was alot like the form the the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by FireChief420
    The Pharos were known for taking their pets with them.

OT: I was dissapointed in spytroops as well but I appreciate how DD has treated the top snake.
    Did they also call them Mumm-mutt! Mumm-mutt!