What are the comics in the Valor vs Venom 3+3/4" packs from?

yojoe.com

Question What are the comics in the Valor vs Venom 3+3/4" packs from?

Basicly I wan't to know...

What are the comics in the Valor vs Venom 3+3/4" packs from?

I bought the Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow pack and read through the comic titled "Valor vs Venom Dawn of the V-Troops Part Two". It says it's from Hasbro Comics... with no mention of who did any of the work on it... other than Larry Hama for the writing.

It was pretty entertaining.

I haven't followed all the current Joe series yet... only got the 3rd tpb of Image comics not too long ago. So is this a reprint of something from Image or DD... a sidequest... what?

I'd like to pick up some more of the story without having to buy every pack of characters out there (which I don't collect the figures even though I still have all of em I grew up with).

I'm sure for some here this is a simple question... so I won't ramble on any more
    :D Yo Joe! :D

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The figure pack comics are original, and since they are produced by Hasbro they could probably considered the "official" continuity (of course, to each their own, follow whatever continuity you want in your universe).

So far, the only way to get them has been through the figure packs. VvV wave one, two, and three each had a part of the story in a mini comic. Parts 'one' and 'two' were included with the Tiger Storm Copter Value Pack in full size comic form. Wave three included comic part 9, continuing the numbering from the Spy Troops catalog/comic one sheets (large sheet of paper with comic on one side, catalog on the other).

The Spy Troops mini comic/one sheets were reproduced (without word balloons) in the Mini Viewers, released earlier this year.

Red face

Thanks for the nicely detailed answer. I was hoping there would be an easy way to get em all without having to buy more figures.

I like the story I read... so maybe I'll buy one of the packs that has book 7. I wasn't planning on collecting the figures... but since they are cheap right now (most walmarts have em reduced to $5 on the two packs)... I might as well get the one with Dr. Mindbender for the comic and then save the figures.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hasbro

Does anybody know if Hasbro has any plans of releasing the comics in any format outside of with the figures??

And how many Hasbro comics are there???
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

Smile

And how many Hasbro comics are there???
    According to the front of the pack of figures I bought... it was the 8th comic which is the latest number I've seen thus far.

I imagine with the next wave of figures there will be a couple more comics as pack-ins.

I haven't seen anything yet with Hasbro putting all these comics into one book. While it would be nice if they did, given the 1/4 comic book size and the overall shortness ... I can't imagine it would be that long even 8 comics in.