In spite of lack of product at 2013 JoeCon, bright future for G.I. Joe fans - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The_commander View Post
    Not sure a lone Eaglehawk will be enough for me.
    Oh it is for me! I have been wanting a re-release for a long time. Since I only collect o-rings these days, any and all figure releases are irrelevant to me.

Hasbro stated at JoeCon that the movie getting pushed back threw their schedules in to complete chaos. I can understand that given the fact that they are often working with a 12 month lead time. I'm not surprised they didn't show anything new. And it is likely they are holding stuff back for SDCC. Yes, JoeCon is OUR convention. But SDCC is THE convention.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The_commander View Post
    I'm hoping we get something shown in late-2013 that'll be for the 2014 year. Not sure a lone Eaglehawk will be enough for me.
    Minimum of four for me, maybe up to 12... Custom potential is crazy for this whirly-bird, plain black for night ops, olive drab.... What, what? Cobra blue? Crap, that would take me to twenty. I need to settle down.

I wish I had more room. Would love to Night Force, Tiger Force, Arctic up the Eaglehawk. Want to do the same to the Ninja Combat Cruiser. Just don't have the room...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It sounded to me, although they gave no details, that there are plans for the 50th Anniversary next year.

Between that, and the success of Retaliation (closing on 100 million in domestic ticket sales), I have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The L.O.C. View Post
    Minimum of four for me, maybe up to 12... Custom potential is crazy for this whirly-bird, plain black for night ops, olive drab.... What, what? Cobra blue? Crap, that would take me to twenty. I need to settle down.
    Yes, I see a Night Force Eaglehawk in my future, plus an OD one, and probably a Navy gray one.

To start.

I'm fine with updates of poor characters (Gung Ho being one that NEEDS an update).

I'm also more optimistic than most and think we may see some stuff late this year/early next year.

And the EagleHawk is going to be AMAZING.

I was pretty happy with what was shown at JoeCon. Sure there wasn't really anything in terms of new product shown, but I would much rather have that and then be wowed later in the year with something we didn't expect than see a bunch of great figures displayed that end up getting cancelled. I'm really stoked for the "ultimate' figures and can't wait fortheir release as well as the next wave of Kre-O.

I agree. I wasn't disappointed or upset. I'm very happy with the figures and vehicle that have been announced for the rest of the year.

And I too am under the impression that we'll be getting some of the concept figures at some point, especially of the more well-known characters such as Flint and LJ.

I am going to need 2 eaglehawks, perhaps 3? But i will be modding all of them. First thing will be getting rid of the clear canopy. Mine will have enclosed canopies with HUD displays for a more futuristic take. I also want to figure a way to mod some troop bay doors on the thing perhaps?

I'm currently on track for 4 Eaglehawks.
    Add that to the 4-6 that Speedo wants...it'll keep me busy for awhile hunting wise.