Wild Bill variation - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Now that you post that pic, I recall seeing different colored ones like that on eBay. I guess if your WB's lower arms match his upper arms, then you've got the light green version.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice scan. I don't recall my Wild Bill ever looking anything like th eone on the left. What do the date and country stamps say on these figures?

Both say Made in Hong Kong on the back of their buttocks and c 1983 Hasbro on the inner side of the left leg. The main differences are the the one on the left side of the photo is a lighter green color, his hair is a brighter orange/brown, his hat is brighter blue, the part of his shirt you see is a creme color, and his vest is a brighter color of brown. The other one on the right side of the photo is a darker or duller green color, his hair is a duller orange/brown color, his hat is darker blue, the part of his shirt you see is white, and his vest is darker brown.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IMO, not a variant. . .

Now that I'm looking at the entire figure, it looks like the one on the right is just faded due to sun or playwear. Compare the boots, holsters, vest, and his chest. All lighter on the right.

-PJ

I would think that as well, but what I believe makes the case is the part of the chest where his shirt shows through is white as white can be and not yellowed on the figure on the right. The figure on the left, his shirt part is creme. Both of those parts are not faded, just the original color. Plus usually with fading it isn't so nice and symetrical looking. Usually a part here or there is out of the sun and doesn't fade or parts fade inconsistantly. These guys I have had from day one and like a few others have stated, they remember the two variants. I am sure someone else has one or the other or both of these guys as well. Can someone else post pics of their Wild Bill for comparison?

I got on eBay and found these two auctions. Both of them have the lighter WB version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...914869900&rd=1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...914819377&rd=1

Compare there with the WB pic at yojoe. http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/wildbill.jpg

Does anyone else have ideas, thoughts, pictures, ect on this issue? Just curious what the masses and/or yojoe staff think.

It appears to be a legit varaition to me.

So I guess now the question goes to the powers that be here at yojoe. Variant or no variant? I believe it is a legit variant. Please let me know what the powers that be feel overall. Also, feel free to use the pictures in the archieve. If you want different pictures just let me know.

not enough of a variation for me to worry about....but if thats your thing go for it.........now if he was in a zebra tuxedo then i would have to track one down
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.