Wild Bill variation - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ahh ist true i search in my collection and Wild Bill
    get this variations in colors!
    Yo Joe!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation More reasons why I'm not convinced. . .

And I'm not just trying to be a contrarian just to "look cool" or anything. I just want to see more homework done before it's declared a true variant. This kind of thing drives completists nuts, because they're not sure whether to make the extra effort to chase this one down. . .or not.

Case in point: There's another early Joe with a situation similar to this Wild Bill candidate. And that's the light camo Stalker v.1 & the darker camo variant.

Oddly enough, this isn't listed in the YoJoe archives. But it is listed in the Lee's Guide to GIJoe. Furthermore, if you ask around there are several collectors out there that can verify this variant with pictures of their own.

What's my point? The Wild Bill variant candidate should be easier to verify than this!!! This thread's just spinning it's wheels. IMO, variants like this shouldn't be all that rare either. In order to make it "official", there should be at least three collectors out there able to provide comparative pics.

If you want to really make it a true variant, don't leave it hanging as a rumor. Nail it shut with some hard evidence from more than one source.

-PJ

I'd really like to see if we can get this one verified. Like I already said, I don't recall my Wild Bill being that light when I got him new. So my feeling is that this one is real. But with any variation, I like to get some more evidence before adding it.

The trouble with adding or not adding what people find is that I know it is discouraging to find something and not have it added right away. But with the number of items that have traded hands internationally at this point, I find Action Force stuff at flea markets where the guys swear they have only bought domestic.

So when a new variation pops up, the thing we need to do is to make sure it is not an international version or a production error.

Do you happen to know where you got the lighter Wild Bill?

Another thing that makes me inclined to believe it is real is the fact that Covergirl, another vehicle driver from the same year, definitely has a light/dark variation.

But I would be surprised if no one else has this Wild Bill if that is the case.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I completely agree that this needs to be verified. I also hate to add another variation to the pot for those people that have to have every version of something out there, but at the same time a variant is a variant. At any rate I have had both of these guys from day one, so I can say they were bought in the USA. As a kid I never paid attention to variations and the such, but being older and looking at things now I have found some variations not realizing I had them (some of which are listed variants, some of which are not listed). Hence the 3 different 1983 Duke figures I have that are not listed variants (this has been posted and talked about as well). I was hoping some other people could post pics of their Wild Bill figures as well so we can get a good comparison and as Obiwanjacoby said, lets "Nail it shut with some hard evidence from more than one source".