Should we add new sub-teams to the archives? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    what may be more useful than sub divisions, is an internal search engine, type in "Red Shadows" and all of those figures are listed.
    haha that's a good one. Well by all your guys debate so far, it sounds like action force would be a hard group to classify under with all the spin offs etc. I still would love to see the Red Shadows get a category right under the subgroup Iron grenadiers. They got a fair share of US spot light and products. There wouldn't be any controversy as action force would have. I guess that a decision for big guys who run this bored.
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Billy View Post
    You can see right on the box for the red shadows the skull and crossbones and on the file card they have the red shadows right on the file cards. In the sub teams they have three non gi joe or cobras. Iron grenadiers Oktober Guard and lunartix empire. So they shouldn't be in the archives then either?

My point about Red Shadows is that they aren't GI Joe...meaning the brand. Therefore have no place as being a sub-team of GI Joe.

OG, IG, and Lanartix also come on GI Joe cards.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

would the action Force Tiger Force characters be listed under Action Force or Tiger Force?
    Euro TigerForce figures also came on GI Joe cards. So they count as part of the GI Joe Tiger Force subteam.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, we've actually had a couple of discussions about expanding the Sub-Team qualifications. One discussion we started(and have yet to finish) is B.A.T.s. You've got the standard BAT, Sky BAT, Inferno BAT, Jungle BAT, Nano BAT, Overkill, and whatnot. A couple of us think they're all BATs, but a couple don't. But I might be able to compromise to a Sub-Team option.

I could see an argument for the Red Shadows and Action Force. But I agree with Average_Joe, only the ones with a Hasbro logo made for the North American market. So convention stuff and figures like that v10 Scarlett based on Glenda. Her card says "From the GI Joe International Collection" so you could find her and Convention and Subscription Service guys in that list. Then you could find the link to the original figure from the domestic homage.
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    Well, we've actually had a couple of discussions about expanding the Sub-Team qualifications. One discussion we started(and have yet to finish) is B.A.T.s. You've got the standard BAT, Sky BAT, Inferno BAT, Jungle BAT, Nano BAT, Overkill, and whatnot. A couple of us think they're all BATs, but a couple don't. But I might be able to compromise to a Sub-Team option.

I could see an argument for the Red Shadows and Action Force. But I agree with Average_Joe, only the ones with a Hasbro logo made for the North American market. So convention stuff and figures like that v10 Scarlett based on Glenda. Her card says "From the GI Joe International Collection" so you could find her and Convention and Subscription Service guys in that list. Then you could find the link to the original figure from the domestic homage.
    I have no idea if this is possible with whatever software you use, but you almost need more classification fields for all the figures. Almost like tags. So people could do a query like "Female International figure after year 1985" or something like that.

That way you don't have to pigeon-hole yourself into specific groups, so the Jungle BAT would be found under "Cobra", "Jungle" and "BAT" queries, Glenda would be found under "Pilot", "International", "Female", and "Action Force", and finally Arctic Destro would be found under "Arctic", "IG", and "Sucky figure" (well, maybe not the last one).

As much as the Coil might have had more impact on the brand in media, Desert Patrol/Anti-Venom/etc.. are more of a sub-team because they are packaged and designated that way.

For the Coil, what gets classified as part of the Coil?

International needs to stay as international. Action Force is not a sub-team. Red Shadows is not a sub-team. Yes, the same applies to Iron Grenadiers and Oktober Guard but those were part of the North American releases, which the archive is covering. The international stuff is more of a "look, these are related" then an actual archive like the North American released stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    As much as the Coil might have had more impact on the brand in media, Desert Patrol/Anti-Venom/etc.. are more of a sub-team because they are packaged and designated that way.

For the Coil, what gets classified as part of the Coil?

International needs to stay as international. Action Force is not a sub-team. Red Shadows is not a sub-team. Yes, the same applies to Iron Grenadiers and Oktober Guard but those were part of the North American releases, which the archive is covering. The international stuff is more of a "look, these are related" then an actual archive like the North American released stuff.
    BATS are not a subteam, they are equipment that keeps evolving. If anything they are a division like iron grenadiers since there are thousands of them.
    I would keep international international and even go one step further and keep club stuff club stuff.

I had a post about 2 or better years ago and had something about the sonic and super sonic should have a sub team. I can see where you all are coming form with then international stuff but I will never be convinced about the sonics not being a sub team.

Here's a link to it!

http://forums.yojoe.com/toys-1982-19...-sub-team.html
    Last edited by Kann; 05-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

To me a sub-team has to have it's own unique indentification/symbol/etc.. The Sonic Fighters, B.A.T.S., etc.. don't classify because there is no unifying symbol to make them a seperate team.

I can see adding tags like: desert, arctic, sea, air, sonic, B.A.T., viper, etc...

I would love to see sub team listings for the Crimson Guard (Cobra SMS, C.A.T., C.A.T. II, Operation Crimson Sabotage, etc.), the Sonic Fighters, Cobra-La, the Red Shadows (under the "other" category), the Coil (Overlord, Coil troopers, Zilant, Glider, & Ferret), & the Adventure Team. All of these teams have vehicles (with the exception of Cobra-La)