Should we add new sub-teams to the archives?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Should we add new sub-teams to the archives?

Should we add new sub-teams to our YoJoe archives? There are many that could be considered a sub team not listed. That I would consider more of a sub team then the Desert Patrol Squad and the Anti Venom Task Force. Specially the COBRA Sky Patrol which only consist of two international figures. The Task Force and the desert squad consisted of a TRU exclusive 6 pack. The Anti venom task force doesn't have any media/vehicles surrounding it either unlike the Red Shadows and the Coils. YOJOE.COM | G.I.Joe Action Figure Archive - Subteams - G.I.Joe YOJOE.COM | G.I.Joe Action Figure Archive - Subteams - G.I.Joe

I believe if those three are on the sub team archive that sub teams like the Red Shadows Action Force and the Coil's. They all have a lot more history behind them and media back up. The Red shadows have a convention box set with a few 4 figures 2 vehicles been in a few comics including the newest comic from idw from the continuation of the old series. Red shadows are thick in history with all the international figures made where the COBRA Sky Patrol is made up of two international figures that I never heard of before. same goes with action force. action force gets new figures it seems like almost every convention now and also rich in international history and comics. Coil has a few figures and vehicles now. and were in the comics all the time at one point. I am not saying to get rid of those three sub teams that are on the archives now, I am saying we should add the few more to make our sub team archives the best of the best!

What is your guys opinion on this one!
    Thanks
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would use some sort of criteria for each sub-team, for instance:
    Has at least 5 figures
    Was featured in the comics/cartoon

Or something like that.

For teams not listed, I would like to see:
    Adventure Team
    Action Force and/or International that were released in the US (i.e. the international club exclusives, ninja-ku, Glenda, etc.)
    Environment Themed
    Military Branch themed

So really, at this point, maybe think of them less as 'Subteams' but rather groupings of similarly themed figures.

Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ehaha thats what I like to do! But when you look and see that the COBRA Sky Patrol has its own sub team and has only two international figures no comics no movie no tv show, nothing! Compared to red shadows and action force. What do you think average joe?
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

I have been wondering this same thing for a long time! Why are these missing from the sub-team archives? I agree with you Kann, Why the heck is that cobra sky patrol made up of to international no names but then we have out the red shadow??? there is so much info and material out there in the USA that isn't even counting international but then the sky patrol COBRA is made up of ONLY international material (two figures). There is so much we can include to the red shadows on the sub teams.

Also action force got a convention vehicle too on top of many many figures!

Those two Cobra Sky Patrol figures are sub teams of GI Joe/Cobra. GI Joe is printed on the card.

Red Shadows and Action Force are different organizations. Not affiliated with GI Joe or Cobra. No mention of either entity are on the packaging either. So they are not sub-teams of GI Joe or Cobra.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

steel brigade, Plague, anti venom, night watch, all are subteams but they were not a continuing theme. One shots. Steel Brigade started out as a troop builder and then got pushed into individuals.
    would the action Force Tiger Force characters be listed under Action Force or Tiger Force?

I think it is best to keep the international figures separate from the domestic as for the most part they are considered variants.
    Remember Action Force itself is made up of several teams. Z Force, Q Force etc. It could be a nightmare to archive,
    Let BFTB specialize in that.

Treat any international figures that make it into the domestic line as one-offs.

Where do you draw the line? what criteria or parameters do you use? When does a theme become a subteam? (Star Brigade)
    all questions that would need to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Those two Cobra Sky Patrol figures are sub teams of GI Joe/Cobra. GI Joe is printed on the card.

Red Shadows and Action Force are different organizations. Not affiliated with GI Joe or Cobra. No mention of either entity are on the packaging either. So they are not sub-teams of GI Joe or Cobra.
    You can see right on the box for the red shadows the skull and crossbones and on the file card they have the red shadows right on the file cards. In the sub teams they have three non gi joe or cobras. Iron grenadiers Oktober Guard and lunartix empire. So they shouldn't be in the archives then either?

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    steel brigade, Plague, anti venom, night watch, all are subteams but they were not a continuing theme. One shots. Steel Brigade started out as a troop builder and then got pushed into individuals.
    would the action Force Tiger Force characters be listed under Action Force or Tiger Force?

I think it is best to keep the international figures separate from the domestic as for the most part they are considered variants.
    Remember Action Force itself is made up of several teams. Z Force, Q Force etc. It could be a nightmare to archive,
    Let BFTB specialize in that.

Treat any international figures that make it into the domestic line as one-offs.

Where do you draw the line? what criteria or parameters do you use? When does a theme become a subteam? (Star Brigade)
    all questions that would need to be answered.
    Both for your first question that's what they did with Ninja force zartan. I can see where you are coming from all the different forces in the action force but maybe add a action force sub team that includes all the little spin offs that they had Q force Z force etc.

what may be more useful than sub divisions, is an internal search engine, type in "Red Shadows" and all of those figures are listed. Type in Tiger Force, Steel Brigade, 1986, etc etc etc.