GI Joe Collector's Club Teases New Figures - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

None of those 4 are impressive looking to me except Falcon.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

I like Skullbuster and Falcon. I appreciate Ar Puro, but not a huge fan of it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the link. Besides the minimum $47 membership fee; can you give me an idea of what the total cost of the FSS is? Or is this a guarded secret to members only? Like I'll need to know the handshake first? Thanks.

Jason

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw515 View Post
    Thanks for the link. Besides the minimum $47 membership fee; can you give me an idea of what the total cost of the FSS is? Or is this a guarded secret to members only? Like I'll need to know the handshake first? Thanks.

Jason
    For me, FSS 1 was $115.60 per installment, $346.80 in total.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 05-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Jason
    2 options:
    Installments - $125 now, and 2 more payments of the same amount sometime in the first 2 months, and the second 2 months. So ~$375 total.
    Single payment - all due now, think that's around $365.

I'm not a fan of the Marauders Falcon, so I am not a fan of this one. Lose the knee and shoulder pads.

Here are the costs:

The cost of the 12 figure subscription service is $306 (+ shipping for 6 shipments). You can pay all at once or in three installments of $102 (billed to your credit card). When you subscribe and choose pay by Installment, you will be billed for the first two month's shipments. Then sometime during the second month of shipping (October/November), you will be billed for the 3rd and 4th months' shipments and sometime during the 4th month of shipping (December/January) you will be billed for the final 2 months' shipments.

Please note that for the installment payment option there is a $4 service charge per billing while the pay in full option has one $4 service charge. Please also note that for installment buyers, there is an additional charge each time a billing is attempted if your card is not approved. If your card has been declined and we have to rebill, we will only be able to retry your billing three (3) times before your subscription is cancelled.

Each retry has an additional fee added to your total charge (please see the Terms and Conditions.) For example when the second and third installments are billed, if your card fails, the first time we retry will carry a $4 service fee, the second time will carry an $8 service fee and the third time will carry a $12 service fee. If it fails at that point, we will cancel the subscription.
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

Thanks for the info. So using the $375 amount, and dividing it by 13 (because you actually get 13 figures) comes out to almost $29 per figure. Too rich for my blood! I'm not that big of a collector. I could see completist participating in this, but this isn't really for guys like me that just want certain figures.

This is one aspect of Joe collecting that kind of has me confused and discouraged. I've been a Modern Star Wars collector since '95. Hasbro has from time to time offered club exclusives and convention exclusives, but the cost and availability seems to have been better than with Joes. And usually he "exclusive" was offered to the general public later on as a repaint or something. Well, no offense, but with Joes it almost seems like an elitism to certain types of collecting. If I want Tiger Force Airtight, I'm going to pay $375 for 13 figures. Or if I can't afford to attend Convention X I'll never be able to own the Oktober Guard set or Night Force Lady Jaye. I guess I can understand offering certain exclusive variants (Tiger Force, Night Force, etc), or things like the Star Scream Skystriker, but it would really be nice if Hasbro would rerelease some of these exclusives (Covergirl, Oktober Guard, etc) with a different paint app to the general public.that way it's not so much the "character" that is exclusive (I'm thinking Zarana & others), rather than a particular paint scheme. Thanks again

Jason
    Last edited by jlw515; 05-02-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks for the info. So using the $375 amount, and dividing it by 13 (because you actually get 13 figures) comes out to almost $29 per figure. Too rich for my blood! I'm not that big of a collector. I could see completist participating in this, but this isn't really for guys like me that just want certain figures.

This is one aspect of Joe collecting that kind of has me confused and discouraged. I've been a Modern Star Wars collector since '95. Hasbro has from time to time offered club exclusives and convention exclusives, but the cost and availability seems to have been better than with Joes. And usually he "exclusive" was offered to the general public later on as a repaint or something. Well, no offense, but with Joes it almost seems like an elitism to certain types of collecting. If I want Tiger Force Airtight, I'm going to pay $375 for 13 figures. Or if I can't afford to attend Convention X I'll never be able to own the Oktober Guard set or Night Force Lady Jaye. I guess I can understand offering certain exclusive variants (Tiger Force, Night Force, etc), or things like the Star Scream Skystriker, but it would really be nice if Hasbro would rerelease some of these exclusives (Covergirl, Oktober Guard, etc) with a different paint app to the general public.that way it's not so much the "character" that is exclusive (I'm thinking Zarana & others), rather than a particular paint scheme. Thanks again

Jason
    You may want to still consider becoming a member. The Club puts individual figures up for sale in the Club store after they're shipped, so if you just want ones and twos, you can buy them straight from the Club store as long as you have a membership, even if you didn't buy a sub.
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions