The Baroness

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Baroness

The Baroness

So this is "my" Baroness. I admit that I got the idea/concept from the amazing artist Wry1 and after months of working on her bit-by-bit, I finally got her done (mostly).

I like the idea that she's a battle hardened intelligence commander who could do some real damage. Sure, she has heels for operations that require her to flaunt her feminine wiles but when she was doing hardcore ground ops, she comes ready to kick ass in combat boots. Shiny combat boots, but definitely one's you don't want to get kicked by.

Here's Wry1's image that I was heavily inspired by:

And here's the lady herself:

Parts List:
    • Head cast by Lance858a (Elizabeth Swan from PotC)
    • 25th Baroness chest
    • RoC Baroness arms/hands
    • Renegades Scarlett midriff/crotch/legs/boots
    • handmade custom straps on webgear
    • glasses cut from Mylar with dayglo red ink printed on it
    • mic made from thin gauge wire
    • bag made from thin piece of ribbon (colored with brown sharpie) and a pink eraser I sculpted with an x-acto and colored with a green sharpie

This was my first MAJOR figure custom and took me forever to get right. It was a pain in the ass to work on the torso and get those RoC arms to work AND get the Renegades Scarlett midriff to fit in there as well. Needless to say it required a ton of cutting/sanding and then multiple layers of super glue to make everything work. I'm surprised she has any range of motion at all...!

The head was nearly a disaster. I can't paint eyes/lips/eyebrows for shit so I used a super sharp mechanical pencil to make the eyebrows and pupils. You can't see them because they are awful and luckily the glasses are too opaque to see the mess underneath.

When I look back at her I think the one thing I'd change would be the legs because the upper legs on Scarlett are almost too long and the kneepads just make the effect look worse. But I'm not fixing it because I'm friggin' DONE with this custom.

Maybe if we're all really lucky we'll get a proper update to the Baroness because compared to the other versions of her out there, there really isn't anything that does her justice and looks like it would fit in with some of the better updated ME figures.

Here are some of the embarrassing WIP pics:

Last edited by orezona; 05-06-2013 at 04:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

great work, man, and i love the wip pics- neat to see how others go about it.

That's one of the NICEST custom figures I have ever seen! Very nice work Sir.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Really impressive.

I loved seeing how you made her too!

It was recently brought to my attention that I totally screwed up and had her upper legs... ON BACKWARDS.

Those responsible have been sacked and those who were responsible for the responsible have also been sacked so at the very last minute and at very high expense, an alternate leg version is here for your viewing pleasure.

Dude, she's killer!!!!! Awesome!!!! Looks like she should have been the one that was produced!

Thanks, Chris

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PЯOVOSҬ View Post
    This is my new favorite clapping gif...!

Also, FINALLY added a Cobra sigil to her chest.

Cobrastickers decal, and I used a lighter to make it conform to her... "curves"...