RAH Figures with Weak Paint Apps

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RAH Figures with Weak Paint Apps

I thought I would restart this topic and ask member's opinions on which vintage figures they think are hard to find loose and truly mint. There are the ones the common ones: Viper Pilot, HISS Driver, Cobra Officer - but I had a really hard time finding a truly mint Overlord. His mask almost always has paint wear somewhere. Buzzer (Spirit too!) was another one with his gold armbands and brass knuckles. Who else? Star Viper? Which figures should new collectors watch out for?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I guess we can extend this to any kind of common damage. I know I buy any Slaughter's Marauders I find without cracked elbows. Ditto for Tele-Viper heads with no nose dings.

I don't know if it's common but the gold on my Predacon is almost completely worn off and all the action he's ever seen was sitting in a box for years. Also noticed the gold on Firefly V3 is really wearing badly. These were both figures I bought MOC and opened as a teenager so they never got played with so to speak, so it was shocking to find them with wear from just rolling around in a box.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anyone wearing hats. Hardball, Pathfinder and Muskrat for example.
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

For me it is Torpedo and his hands!

Unfortunately, there are several. 84 Hooded Cobra Commander is tough to find with really nice gold. Tele-Vipers and Listen n Fun Tripwire are very common with nose rubs. A majority of Skymates that I have seen all have paintwear on the brim of the hat. 87-90 figures in general are notorious for cracked elbows. 84 Storm Shadow, Starduster, Spirit (I guess characters that start with S are unlucky), and 89 Deep Six are really prone to yellowing too.
    A most excellent idea sire!

my Wants:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/13558...tml#post812661

Is it even possible to find Hit and Run without discolored elbows? I can't recall seeing one as an adult that was uniformly colored and can't remember if he had that problem from the get-go.

I wonder the same thing about '83 Steeler. After I realized he should have gold stripes on his arms I looked for years for a truly mint one, and passed on LOTS that had nice paint, but different coloured elbows.

Tiger Force Frostbite is another one with his gold goggles. Night Force Spearhead and his bandolier bullets too.

I seems by '93/4 Hasbro figured out it's gold paint. Most of my Street Fighter figures seem ok, but I don't have a Predacon to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz View Post
    Is it even possible to find Hit and Run without discolored elbows? I can't recall seeing one as an adult that was uniformly colored and can't remember if he had that problem from the get-go.
    Last edited by joenorth; 05-31-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Metallic colored paints were always more prone to wear/rubbing for some reason.

Bad idea to keep your muzzle on Mutt, especially the Marauders version.

Scrap Iron V1 with no paint wear to his helmet!
    "I would like to drink a toast to Batman... Shuperman... and the Human Torch. AH-HA-HA!" Billy Buddusky