Cobra Stinger_v2

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cobra Stinger_v2

Yep, another Stinger made from a Retaliation Ninja Combat Cruiser.

This was a "no brainer" for me to do this custom. Just like the Sky Striker I modded and then the Retaliation HISS... it was begging to be repainted.

In case anyone is interested, I used the following paints:

• Rust-oleum Painters Touch Ultra Cover Primer for all the grey (wanted a different color/texture than the factory molded plastic)
    • Rust-oleum Satin (smooth protective enamel) black
    • Krylon Crystal Clear Satin as the protective coating

Masking off the fenders was pretty easy and I was very happy with the result (no bleeding under the tape which was just plain white artist's tape).

I was pleasantly surprised with the results of the clear satin finish because it really gives the whole thing a much more durable feel (i.e.: more playability) and cured super quick.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro did eventually decide to make a factory produced Stinger_v2 with this mold but we'll see.

I'm working on updating the missiles using the typical Stinger missiles so if/when I complete that side project, I'll update this thread.

Oh, and here's a couple WIP shots...

Masking the fenders

Detail on the dashboard

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sweet, i had the same thing in mind for the net one I find!!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Nice work.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

shit looks perfect, man, better than any i've seen. i hope they release one just like this one.

Thanks, everybody!

I'm going to attempt to update the entire missile rack with a vintage stinger one... Wish me luck...

Dude, please, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!
    First thing I thought of when I saw this was to use the original Stinger style missile rack!!!!
    I would us the Cobra Vehicle driver from the Target UBS, exchange his head with the Driver that came with the New jeep, add the scarf and paint is goggles gray to match the gray on the Jeep!

Thanks, Chris

P.S. Im not trying to tell you what to do, just a little creative advice, no offense intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Joecrazy View Post
    Dude, please, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!
    First thing I thought of when I saw this was to use the original Stinger style missile rack!!!!
    I would us the Cobra Vehicle driver from the Target UBS, exchange his head with the Driver that came with the New jeep, add the scarf and paint is goggles gray to match the gray on the Jeep!

Thanks, Chris

P.S. Im not trying to tell you what to do, just a little creative advice, no offense intended!
    Ha! No problem man, any suggestions are welcome.

I was going to put some OG stinger missiles in the current launcher (because just painting the ones that came with seems lazy), but after messing around with them I don't think they will look right. The fins are so large if you mount the missiles in the holes (cutting the backs off), the fins would touch even if you trim them a little.

Anyways, I'll try out using the original Stinger missile mount/missiles to see it if works before attempting any more work on forcing the stinger missiles into the NCC rack.

Yeap, I see what you mean man, an I agree with you 100%. I KNOW you will figure out a way to mount the Stinger missile mount on there, and when you do, trust me, it will look AWESOME!!!!!!

great job that's pretty much exactly what id picture for a modern stinger
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Finally got this to a "finished" state that I'm comfortable with.

I basically made a hybrid of the existing NCC missile launcher and an original Stinger missile array.

It required a LOT of cutting/trimming with an x-acto to make them marry up nicely.