Could the cartoons been aired out of order?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could the cartoons been aired out of order?

I just got done watching Cobra Stops the World and Jungle Traps. My question is this - were both of these written before the Pyraimid of Darkness? I was noticed that in Cobra Stops the World that there was no 85 charecters and that in Jungle Traps there is only two token Crimson Guards (which may have been added later). I dont know why, but I found this interesting and was wondering if anyone had anymore insight!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They could be aired out of order. Its not like the plot carries over to the next mission.

I also thought this was weird....I was watching my Season 1 Part 1 DVD and the first episode after the Pyramid of Darkness episodes had Serpentor in them which was weird b/c he doesn't arrive on the scene til Season 2.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Duke34
    I also thought this was weird....I was watching my Season 1 Part 1 DVD and the first episode after the Pyramid of Darkness episodes had Serpentor in them which was weird b/c he doesn't arrive on the scene til Season 2.
    By the lords of light, what is this?

I read about this on Amazon

I was on Amazon and read this as one of the complaints that the episodes were out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke34
    Put down the crack pipe. The episode after the Pyramid of Darkness mini-series is "Countdown for Zartan" Serpentor was not in that. You must have the bootlegs or something.

There have been threads about his before. I think G.I. Joe was like any animated series and it suffered from delays. It's not uncommon at all for cartoons to be aired out of order due to episodes not being completed on time. The X-men animated series is a perfect example of this as several episodes originally aired out of order or even in the wrong season.

A perfect example of this in G.I. Joe is the fact Clutch and Steeler can be seen in The Traitor, but supposedly stayed behind in a parallel universe in Worlds Without End. I'm sure The Traitor was supposed to have been aired before the classic Worlds...two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170

A perfect example of this in G.I. Joe is the fact Clutch and Steeler can be seen in The Traitor, but supposedly stayed behind in a parallel universe in Worlds Without End. I'm sure The Traitor was supposed to have been aired before the classic Worlds...two-parter.
    Yeah but Steeler and Clutch are both in the Movie so whats up with that?

I did hear a story that a USA employee had dreamed of being a voice editor and had made copies of G.I.Joe shows and remixed them with tape and razors and whatnaught.
    He made brand new sceens with new scripts and all mixxing old and new.
    Using 13 of his friends and co-workers, revoiced the whole cartoon. Each ep running a total of 22 minutes.
    Only 3 ep were aired before someone had caught on and it is unknown how many shows were made all together.
    So, maybe thats what you had seen.

I bet it wasn't though, I just made that fantastic story all up.

Quote Originally Posted by B.T.P.
    Yeah but Steeler and Clutch are both in the Movie so whats up with that?

It's very possible that the people responsible for the movie completely forgot about Worlds Without End. And seeing as Clutch is only seen in the opening sequence we can pretty much forget about him actually being in the movie. I know Steeler was in there but it must have been a blink-and-you'll-miss-him moment because i don't even remember him.
    Last edited by Bleak5170; 04-05-2006 at 09:34 AM.

They probably just needed a few more background characters so they grabed some stock animation and threw it in there without thinking.
    *insert something witty here*