Color matches to vehicles??

yojoe.com

Question Color matches to vehicles??

Can anyone give spray paint color names that match the colors of the gi joe and cobra vehicles? IE what color would match the Cobra Water Moccasin..... and other vehicles and their color matches??
    Last edited by greenlant408; 05-30-2013 at 01:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't think there are any 1:1 matches out there... You pretty much have to use your own discretion and hope for the best.

Its expensive for the paint, but I found that you can take the part you want to match to an auto paint seller/dealer, an they have a device they can color match any color with. The only down side is the price of the paint!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joecrazy View Post
    Its expensive for the paint, but I found that you can take the part you want to match to an auto paint seller/dealer, an they have a device they can color match any color with. The only down side is the price of the paint!!
    This works great. I needed a spray can of Field Gray paint to restore a German WW2 helmet that I had and I took the uniform down there and they matched the color by scanning one of the buttons on the tunic. It was a perfect match to the original WW2 paint and it was single stage auto paint so its durable without a clear coat and had the perfect matte finish. The paint put in a spray can cost me about $15.00 at Paint Masters, and I painted a half dozen helmets and several mess kits with that one can using at least three coats per item.

Just be careful what type of paint you get if you are painting plastic, the single stage stuff like I used would eat a plastic toy due to all the solvent. I would recommend using the type of paint used for the car interior since it will be of a mixture that is meant for plastic and won't melt it. Urethane would probably be perfectly safe, but I would ask the guy at the paint shop just to be sure.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive