Does this cartoon quote disturb you like it does me????

yojoe.com

Does this cartoon quote disturb you like it does me????

or do I just have a sick mind?

In the episode Cobra Claws are Coming to Town:

Joes are captured by Cobra and hung in a meat locker (a meat locker on the Joe base???)

Shipwerck: "Ya know, me and that side of beef could have a meaningful relationship."
    He then proceeds to *ahem* stradle the slab of meat.

Lets hear it for sensorship in the 80's, man! Nowadays, you'd NEVER see something like that on a Yu Gi Oh cartoon

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

An episode that bothered me as a kid was The Traitor part II when Lady Jaye tackled that Cobra soldier and pulled his boxers off. I remember thinking to myself. Nobody. Especially a woman pulls off a mans underwear. That would never happen in real life.

Shipwreck did have a strange infatuation with anything that resemebled a person.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Questionable dialog

In the episode, "The Gamesmaster", I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Gamesmaster calls Flint a homo. Its right at the beginning of the fourth chapter, before Flint "dies." I've played it several times and even for other people and they all think he said it too. I think he is supposed to be saying hero, but it sure does sound like homo. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing.

Also, later in the episode, isn't it hilarious when Cobra Commander is muttering to himself about being stuck in the jungle. It was so weird and out of place for that show. Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of AZ
    In the episode, "The Gamesmaster", I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Gamesmaster calls Flint a homo. Its right at the beginning of the fourth chapter, before Flint "dies." I've played it several times and even for other people and they all think he said it too. I think he is supposed to be saying hero, but it sure does sound like homo. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing.

Also, later in the episode, isn't it hilarious when Cobra Commander is muttering to himself about being stuck in the jungle. It was so weird and out of place for that show. Any thoughts??
    That particular series really got me, I thought I heard the samething from the gamemaster. Those episodes really were cool, but disturbing. I think that Cobra Commander's muttering was one of the funniest things on there.
    Been a long time guys, hope you remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by gun metal
    Nobody. Especially a woman pulls off a mans underwear. That would never happen in real life.

Tell that to private Lindy England!

HAh! You know today I thought it would be horribly disturbing and insanely popular to set up dios with Cobras as Iraqi soldiers being humiliated by the joes. I can even imagine Lady Jaye leaning into the shot of 6 cobra infantry in a human pyramid and her giving a thumbs up.

In a related to the thread note, it really jars me when one of the Joes, I think Gung-ho refers to an arab as a camel-jockey in the episode with the "aliens" and the Oktober Guard. It's just surprising to hear it. In terms of slurs it is kind of low on the offensive scale though.

I just ain't hearin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of AZ

I couldn't wait to throw in this episode and listen in but after watching it over and over again. I didn't once hear homo. In the specific spot mentioned I could clearly tell it was "Watch this Coco it will be a real hoho." Anyway just drove me crazy tryin to listen for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rea1180
    I couldn't wait to throw in this episode and listen in but after watching it over and over again. I didn't once hear homo. In the specific spot mentioned I could clearly tell it was "Watch this Coco it will be a real hoho." Anyway just drove me crazy tryin to listen for it.
    I guess that is what he says, but it doesn't make any sense. The way he says hoho though does sound strange. Another thing about that episode, Duke and Gung Ho were about to force Zartan to ingest his germs. I would think they were trying to scare him, but Gung Ho was just about to do it before Destro called. Maybe those Abu Gareb guards did watch G.I. Joe. I guess cartoons really do influence people.

Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82
    or do I just have a sick mind?

In the episode Cobra Claws are Coming to Town:

Joes are captured by Cobra and hung in a meat locker (a meat locker on the Joe base???)

Shipwerck: "Ya know, me and that side of beef could have a meaningful relationship."
    He then proceeds to *ahem* stradle the slab of meat.

Lets hear it for sensorship in the 80's, man! Nowadays, you'd NEVER see something like that on a Yu Gi Oh cartoon
    A meat locker on the Joe base? Do they not have a kitchen? Think about it! And as for Shipwreck "straddling" the slab of meat -- you do have a sick mind, dude! I'd do the same thing if I were hung from a meathook and had no way to escape. Oh, and for Lady Jaye pulling off the Cobra soldiers boxers, that was just some harmless fun. We don't see buttocks. We do see LJ blush, however, so we assume the soldier was exposed. (LJ wouldn't have blushed if she didn't like what she saw. )