Need help in reporting internet fraud

yojoe.com

Need help in reporting internet fraud

Hey guys, I need help in reporting a deadbeat seller for internet fraud. I won an auction from them, sent them the money order, and never got the item. I know I won't see the money again, but I do want to get back. No matter how you see (IMO), they stole my money. So, who can I contact?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Depends on who the money order came from. Actually, if you sent it by the Postal Service, it's mail fraud any way you slice it. If you have the receipt from the money order and can prove it was cashed, you can file for mail fraud through the postal service.
    Postal money orders are very easy to track (like whether or not they've been cashed) which is why I stick pretty exclusively with them.
    Regardless, I wish you luck.
    Peace,
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Static
    Hey guys, I need help in reporting a deadbeat seller for internet fraud. I won an auction from them, sent them the money order, and never got the item. I know I won't see the money again, but I do want to get back. No matter how you see (IMO), they stole my money. So, who can I contact?
    Boy that is too bad. I hate to see anyone dealt a raw deal like that. Have you contacted ebay about it? As far as the money goes I would do like Pat said.
    Been a long time guys, hope you remember me.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i had a similiar problem...i paid with a postal MO and never received my items. you have to go back to the PO and tell them what happened, then you fill out a form and they'll put a track on the MO. that tells you the date and time it was cashed and also who signed it. then you take that info and give it to the postal inspector. he is supposed to follow through with complaints of this nature. also file claims with ebay and fraud.org (might be .com). oh, and also go to usps.com and through their page you can file a complaint for mail fraud against the individual. i found it helpful to email this loser seller and notify him of each step that you've taken. 9 times out of 10 they'll either send the item or refund your cash.

The money order was purchased at a local Wal-Mart. I still have the stub.