Thought on the Ninja Commandos

yojoe.com

Thought on the Ninja Commandos

I've recently started recollecting the Ninja Force figures and had a thought about the unproduced Ninja Commandos; could a Kickstarter get these guys on the shelf?

I don't know how much it cost to produce a line of figures, or even how to commission Hasbro for such a project, but do you think that would be something Hasbro would be willing to do, and do you think there's enough demand that a kickstarter for this project would even work?

If you think this could be a successful endevor, do any of you know to contact Hasbro for commission?

Just some thoughts running through my head, would love to hear some other peoples opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That one's a little over my head--I have seen Kickstarter campaigns for tribute-style figures, but never for bringing an unproduced wave to fruition. (My only experience with the Ninja Commandos molds has been my recent acquisition of the Mortal Kombat movie edition Liu Kang, which used the torso and arms of the unproduced Road Pig.)

I don't think the big wigs at Hasbro would care how much you presented them(unless it was maybe in the millions). They want nothing else to do with the old o-ring styles and last I heard the vast majority of those molds are gone. So the only chance would be to get the blueprints/plans for those figures and contact a factory in China to manufacture them. At that point you're looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars and there would be almost no way you'd raise that much on Kickstarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

On top of that, I think most collectors regard them as kind of a curiosity, not really something they're hurting over not having.

It was pretty amazing when Kay-Bee brought us some Manimals, but they sure didn't sell. And for that matter... I didn't end up buying any.

Might be cool if the Club used those styles and themes to make some for the FSS or a Con set.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

I would love to get my hands on these figures! Hasbro should still produce them!
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!