Ebay please help

yojoe.com

Ebay please help

Got this e-mail. Anyone else get this?

Dear eBay Member,

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the eBay system.
    We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has
    unauthorized access to your eBay account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings
    placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us
    to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this
    message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you
    received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation
    of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of
    local, national, and/or international laws. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires
    related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft.
    Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are
    prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Please use the link below to verify the security information:
    http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAP...ice=2480133428

Respectfully,
    Trust and Safety Department
    eBay Inc.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

sounds phoney to me. Doesn't e-bay address its members by name rather than just "valued e-bay member"?

if you are unsure of it contact e-bay about it.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

It's bull - report it to ebay.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arrow

You will NEVER get an email like this from eBay.

Forward it to spoof@ebay.com
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I will. Thanks to dockingbay and Pat for the link. I thought something was wrong with it thats why I posted the message here.

We got to watch out for each other (G)
    >S<
    Greg

Your best bet is to follow the link just to see where it takes you, any valid ebay sites will end in ebay.com, now the link that is being shown ends in that but I bet the site you get forwarded to doesn't.

Actually you may not even want to track the link. I would assume they act
    much as the "unsubscribe" links on most spam emails. If you click the link,
    your email address gets flagged and targeted for more spam. Can anyone who is actually HTML literate confirm that?

Peace,
    Pat

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAP...ice=2480133428

when i clicked on the link it said input error

i got to say it doesnt look real

i have had ebay stuff like this i add it to my aol spam filter

forward it to spoof@ebay.com - i've had 2 of these in the past week and forwarded them both, ebay said they were both fake. Also, I wouldn't reccomend clicking any links, and ebay will tell you the same.

evil.......evil I say!!!!!

gottn a few of those to verifie certian information, inactive account, and such.
    Also paypal versions saying that I added another email to my account and other times that my account was inactive.....all scams. I checkd my ebay and paypal accounts before I checkd the links on those type of emails.

THATS WHY NEVER CLICK ON THE LINKS IN THE EMAILS IF ( I havnt..... just saying dont.....the links in emails will probably take you to a bogus fake ebay/paypal page to type in your user name, passwords ) !!!!