Looking for some help for my upcoming book...

yojoe.com

Question Looking for some help for my upcoming book...

Hey, everyone,
    Later this year (or maybe early next year) Hasslein Books will be publishing my book, Fighting for Freedom: The Unauthorized G.I. Joe Chronology, which is actually multiple timelines including every version of G.I. Joe you can think of. Here's some info here:
    Hasslein Books - Fighting for Freedom: The Unauthorized G.I. Joe Chronology

The goal of my upcoming book is to include all G.I. Joe fiction in one way or another. While I have access to most things, there are some more obscure items I'd like to ask for some help with. Most of these are children's books and coloring books, some of which actually do have stories. I've asked for help before on some other sites, and I figured I'd expand the search to YoJoe.com.

I have a link to a list on my site that explains just what I'm looking for in more detail, but the bottom line is this: these stories are not vital to the book, so brief little text summaries are enough to help me out. Scans of some of these things would be considered extremely generous, but usually not necessary. And even pointing out another source for me to get these is helpful.

As I say on this page, please don't just send me summaries or scans without contacting me first. I ask that just so no one goes out of their way to get something to me only to find another fan has helped me with it already. I don't want anyone wasting their time on my account! Because in my experience, Joe fans are very generous! But all I can promise in return is your name in the acknowledgments page!

JMM's G.I. Joe Comics Home Page - A CALL FOR REINFORCEMENTS

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! (You can follow the mail link on the page.)

- JMM

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Don't have any of that stuff, sorry.

I did recently get some of the Choose Your Own Adventure books.

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    Don't have any of that stuff, sorry.

I did recently get some of the Choose Your Own Adventure books.
    Thanks, but I actually do have access to those books. Though, they are only going to get very brief summaries. Since there are so many variations of the plot for each book, it'd be difficult to detail it all without using a lot more time and space on something not all that vital to the Joe mythology.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey, folks, I'm giving this thread a bump instead of just posting this request all over again. As the work for the book continues, but winds down a little, I wanted to toss this request out again to anyone who hasn't seen it. I don't want this to come off as begging for some help, but still need a number of items to make this book as complete as it can be!

Thanks in advance!

Question

Hey, Jim.
    Do you still need Anti-Venom and It's a Free Country? I have both of them.
    - Sean

Hi, Sean. Yes, I could still use summaries or scans of those books. I'm sure text summaries would be fine. You have my e-mail, so send them along that way whenever you have the time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jmmcfadd View Post
    Hi, Sean. Yes, I could still use summaries or scans of those books. I'm sure text summaries would be fine. You have my e-mail, so send them along that way whenever you have the time.

Thanks!
    You got it. I still have 3 months of GIJCC material to send you, so I'll see what I can do with that. With the kids out of school it's been a bear getting enough time on the 'puter to scan images, but I should have everything sent to you shortly... By the way, my old e-mail was hacked (you were the first to notice it) so I'll be sending the scans under a new e-mail name: seanandbrendaeley@gmail.com...
    - Sean

Last edited by seaneley; 06-27-2014 at 01:49 PM.