G.I. Joe: Battleground Tips and Tricks - Promoting your Characters - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Promoting can be tricky. You have to look in re promotion screen to see if the card is available.

Also every card will tell you how far you can promote that one. There are stars and empty stars. The empty stars tell you how far you can promote that card. If all the stars are filled out they won't show up on the promotion screen.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    But can still use those UC to Promote a Rare though right?

UC promoted/fed to another UC won't make an R but a UC promoted/fed into a R will promote that one.
    No you can not. That's what I'm saying. Here was my plan with Cobra Commander.

I have 1 Rare 2-star with 2 empty (hooded), 1 Rare 1-star with 3 empty (hooded)

If I combined those together I'd make a 3-star with 1 empty star

So I build up an UC Sigma Six Commander. 1 star with 1 empty star.

I wanted to combine that UC SS CC with my 1-star hooded to make a 2-star Rare Hooded Commander that I could then promote with my other 2 star hooded Cobra Commander to make a 3-star with 1 open star Resolute Commander.

See what I'm saying? Sorry Mamu this has nothing to do with open stars or not understanding how that system works this is just info that no matter what the combination, no matter how many open or full stars you have you can not put a Uncommon Card into a Rare or better.

If you take a rare 1 star and a rare multiple star of the same character you will get an epic. If there is an epic version. It actually does have to do with filled in stars, in reguards to if you can promote them or not.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MamuNestor View Post
    If you take a rare 1 star and a rare multiple star of the same character you will get an epic. If there is an epic version. It actually does have to do with filled in stars, in reguards to if you can promote them or not.
    I'm talking about using uncommon cards with rare or higher. Not using rare with rare or epic. I understand how the star system works.

I have use rare to promote an Epic, and I have use uncommon to promote a rare to a higher star rare. But if the stars are maxed on the card it can't be used for promotion.

So all those UC Gung-Hos that I got from the event are useless?

I don't know.... I screwed up after the first event with Quick Kick because didn't know about the 5% and 10% differences in stat carry-over.

Had 1 Rare QK and a bunch of UC QK from the event. Promoted the UC into the R and made it an Epic.

The artwork changed and QK got access to the Dragonflyby vehicle attack (which came in handy during the Takedown Eveny when the lvl 1 Epic QK would call in the Dragonfly in the same attack as Leader Flint would call in the Tomahawk).

I know the Gung-Hos are UC and got a bunch of 'em. Also got a bunch of UC Hector Ramirezs that were able to promote into a R Hector.
    Last edited by troynos; 07-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Dang. I've had a bunch of Hector's and he's never shown up in the promotion screen. Also which Gung Ho? There are 2 Uncommon Gung Ho, the Original and the Resolute versions.

Quote Originally Posted by MamuNestor View Post
    Dang. I've had a bunch of Hector's and he's never shown up in the promotion screen. Also which Gung Ho? There are 2 Uncommon Gung Ho, the Original and the Resolute versions.
    It's not the Resolute version, it's the JvC version. Got them during the event.

GUNG-HO (v8), YOJOE.COM | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!

Promoting Hector is only good to use the new R as a feeder for skill leveling. It will get at least a full point in upgrade.

I will break it down as simply as possible.

I have a rare cobra commander. He has 1 filled star, and 3 empty ones. I have one uncommon sigma six commander who was 1 full star and 1 empty star.

I can not use the UC CC to promote the rare.

There are lots of star available. I don't know where the disconnect in coming from here.

I'm not talking about the stars. Couldn't even tell you what stars the following cards had. I do know I used enough UC QKs to max out the R QK (so I estimate R was 1 star).

I used a couple UC Quick Kicks into a Rare Quick Kick and got an Epic Quick Kick.

Used a couple UC Hectors into a UC Hector and got a Rare Hector.