Okay, eight weeks of ridiculous followed by two days off. Sounds like time to get back into the blogging flow. We'll start small, with a dump:

• If you haven't done so already, do yourself a favor and pick up an Eaglehawk or seven. If you don't normally buy vehicles due to space issues, clear something else out and make room for these. The renamed Tomahawk is a triumph; it's loaded with play features. If you're more into displays, it's got foot pegs all through the cargo hold and entry ramp. Just a fantastic toy. I opened mine and it felt like 1986 all over again. Buy ten.
  • I haven't been blogging, but me and the rest of the "What's On Joe Mind?" crew has been hard at work gathering interview material. We have some great discussion coming up, so be sure to catch them when they're posted. We're dealing with a lack of news as best we can, too. Gary, Justin and I also did a guest-shot on The Full Force, our spin-off show, to help the lads get their feet on the ground in their first official (non-pilot) episode.
  • Any guesses on the 13th figure for FSS 2.0? On the show, I went on the record as calling for Frostbite, but he's probably too "common" to be an exclusive to a set of exclusives (would that make him a double-secret exclusive?).
  • If you're in or around Indianapolis next weekend (July 14), be sure to check out the live "What's On Joe Mind?" panel featuring me, Gary Godsoe, noted author James Kavanaugh, and Jay and Mo Hunger, at the Indy Toy and Comic Expo! The show will be held at Caribbean Cove Hotel & Water Park on Indianapolis' northwest side, at 91st Street and Michigan Road. The show will be open from 9 am to 3 pm, with early-bird buying starting at 8 am. No word yet on when our part of the program will be happening.
  • If you're in the St. Louis area, be sure to check out the Toy Man Show on July 14, too. They hold seven of these a year at the Machinist's Hall on St. Louis' west side. I hit this show up pretty regularly with fellow podcaster Dave Draper, and there's always a bevy of good items to be found from all kinds of toy lines. A word of warning: I've never known this show to have a huge G.I. Joe offering, but there are usually two or three dealers with a decent-to-good selection of Real American Hero, 25th/30th Anniversary, or both.

That's it for now! I'll be back soon this time, I promise!

Indy Toy & Comic Expo: Welcome to the Indy Toy and Comic Expo 2013
Toy Man Show: ToyMan Show - A St. Louis area show for collectible toys, games, action figures, trading cards, comic books, memorabilia, and more.