3DJoes.com / Updates Thread - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Your stuff is very impressive. A nice take collection and a different view point than just a normal display. When are you going to do the Flagg?
    Last edited by bmckinlyc; 08-23-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: miss spelled words

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just got a stage that can hold up to 250 lbs (stage = the motorized lazy Susan needed to make the "3D" spin)... So now all I need is a studio space to set up in with a seamless white backdrop and some lights. Sooner or later it's gonna happen!

A spinning flagg, that sounds interesting! Funny how some projects can get expensive and involved.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    A spinning flagg, that sounds interesting! Funny how some projects can get expensive and involved.
    Tell me about it! $80/month for the hosting, $200 stage, $80 light box, $300 heavy duty stage (can hold up to 250 lbs), and of course collecting the toys to document. It hasn't Ben cheap, but I will say its been fun and rewarding to work on.

The 1993 Star Brigade figures have arrived! 1993 is complete!

The 1993 Star Brigade consisted of six astronauts, six battle-armored warriors and two drivers. Oddly, there were two versions of Ozone. That's a total of 15 new figures! There was one new character, the half-man, half-machine cyborg known as Robo-JOE! Some old favorites were outfitted with Robotic Battle Armor, including Destro, Duke and Rock 'n Roll. Heavy Duty is the most memorable of the bunch though. Check them all out on the 1993 overview, and be sure not to miss Sci-Fi's hair cut!

1993 Overview - 3DJOES
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	27651  

By day I'm a videographer/editor/designer/animator for Duke University. We just broadcast our new crowdsourced TV commercial. The goal was to make a non-traditional spot that showed the depth and breadth of experiences at Duke in a single day. Please have a look and hit like if you think we succeeded!

One Day at Duke - YouTube

Did I see a dude in a dress?

Professional spot, I was a reporter on a college news tv program aired locally on PBS many moons ago.

Did I see a dude in a dress?
    Sure did. They had a BGLT sponsored cross dressing photo booth set up. Duke's freshman class has 47% students of color. They take the smartest kids (from ~32,000 applicants this year for ~1,700 freshman spots) and they give out a ton of financial aid (>40% receive aid). It an extremely open, progressive institution.

Professional spot, I was a reporter on a college news tv program aired locally on PBS many moons ago.
    Sweet! We make a weekly student lead news program called "The Week at Duke {in 60 Seconds}". Check it out on YouTube.

Just checked it out. Nice site, really like it

The G.I. Joe classes of 1986 and 1987 have arrived for duty!

The G.I. Joe Yearbook: A Visual Index of Carded Figures - 3DJOES