How would You reequip a vintage Figure for a Modern Flair

yojoe.com

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year

How would You reequip a vintage Figure for a Modern Flair

I was joking some with Geek-Viper and we were thinking about how we would reequip Mainframe for modern times. Every version of his figure has had a clunky looking computer with as archaic a stormage media as floppy discs. What's wrong with a nice little laptop (Sch as Dialtone V8 came with) with maybe a smart phone and a tablet . Of course there are lots of other Vintage figures who might need a truly Modern Update so let's hear some idea.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

M-4's for all combat troops would be a good start I think ? I could be wrong , I havent looked at a Modern weapons book in a very long time. Last time I did the F-14 was the Navy's front line carrier fighter -cheese & rice that makes me sound old !

Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    M-4's for all combat troops would be a good start I think ? I could be wrong , I havent looked at a Modern weapons book in a very long time. Last time I did the F-14 was the Navy's front line carrier fighter -cheese & rice that makes me sound old !
    Yeah, some of the rifles are outdated. But it doesn't need to be limited to M-4s; I'm partial to SCARs myself.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Drop all the neon "shoot me here" camo

DT, Breaker, Mainframe, televipers, techno vipers, etc- they are all casualties of technology advances. Heck, by the time we rewrite what they should look like there would be a new technology making the latest version obsolete.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

HK 416's and MP-7's for everyone!

The easiest thing to do is replace the laptop that we got with some figures. Use a new tablet design.

Really, that's all that needs to be updated on Mainframe. Get rid of the clunky computer and give him a streamlined tablet.

My GI Joe is firmly planted in the early 90's so no need to modernize!

Ive contemplated making a custom neck for vintage figures that will accept modern heads. If you ask me that was one of the huge limiting factors of the vintage line was the sometimes cheesy head sculpts.