Convention Skystriker Prices

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convention Skystriker Prices

Why was the Night Boomer $150.00 and the entire TF/Joe set $99.99? So for $50 less, I can get the same jet plus add-on booster parts, a VAMP, 3 figures, and 2 robots? Who comes up with this pricing?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You have to consider who is distributing it and the quantities available. It isn't just about how much product is in the box. In the case of the Boomer, it was a small run of 1000 I believe. Smaller runs mean a higher price per piece. The Joe Club was the one distributing it and they have fewer resources to work with which also raises the cost. The SDCC set was more than 1000 for sure, but we will likely never know how many they made. Distributed by HTS, they have far more resources. I think it is a certainty that the Boomer could have been cheaper, but the club knew they had a good thing and could squeeze more from us up front.

Might be licensing a bit too. Hasbro owns the molds and the copyrights to those vehicles. The Club doesn't, so they have to pay. Plus, the club said they're going to charge $150 to the lottery winners of the left over SDCC sets. Where's that extra $50 going? I mean, it's cheaper than BBTS was charging($199). But it's not like the Club went to San Diego and bought all the left over sets...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was 100% fine with my $155 Night Boomer.

But yes, it's all about scale and licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91 View Post
    You have to consider who is distributing it and the quantities available. It isn't just about how much product is in the box. In the case of the Boomer, it was a small run of 1000 I believe. Smaller runs mean a higher price per piece. The Joe Club was the one distributing it and they have fewer resources to work with which also raises the cost. The SDCC set was more than 1000 for sure, but we will likely never know how many they made. Distributed by HTS, they have far more resources. I think it is a certainty that the Boomer could have been cheaper, but the club knew they had a good thing and could squeeze more from us up front.
    I hear what you're saying, but the club didn't just commission the 1000 Boomers. They had 600 Lady Jayes, 800 Chuckles/Freestyles, and however many FLAKs, Ferrets, 15 Figure boxed sets and the Kre-os whereas the SDCC set is 3 figures and 2 vehicles plus required new tooling for the booster, Ravage, and Blaster. You would think that the club would get a pretty good deal on an order that large? I mean the Boomer is awesome, but they could have thrown a fig (CRAZY LEGS) in for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaw View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but the club didn't just commission the 1000 Boomers. They had 600 Lady Jayes, 800 Chuckles/Freestyles, and however many FLAKs, Ferrets, 15 Figure boxed sets and the Kre-os whereas the SDCC set is 3 figures and 2 vehicles plus required new tooling for the booster, Ravage, and Blaster. You would think that the club would get a pretty good deal on an order that large? I mean the Boomer is awesome, but they could have thrown a fig (CRAZY LEGS) in for the price.
    It is the club we are talking about. They haven't exactly earned the reputation for being the most fan-friendly. They are a for profit business first and a fan club second.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91 View Post
    It is the club we are talking about. They haven't exactly earned the reputation for being the most fan-friendly. They are a for profit business first and a fan club second.
    You said a mouthful there brother. Truer words have never been said
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Has anybody ever wondered if like in this case about the 'only made 1000' if they really made more than that and just saying 1000? I always thought that.
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan

Quote Originally Posted by zartan74 View Post
    Has anybody ever wondered if like in this case about the 'only made 1000' if they really made more than that and just saying 1000? I always thought that.
    I don't know how much extra but I've always heard they make a few extra incase of broken/missing or otherwise damaged parts. Last year or maybe it was the year before, I forget. The club found all those old con exclusive vehicles in their warehouse and put them in the club store for sale. They were the extras made for incase something broke/missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigue View Post
    I don't know how much extra but I've always heard they make a few extra incase of broken/missing or otherwise damaged parts. Last year or maybe it was the year before, I forget. The club found all those old con exclusive vehicles in their warehouse and put them in the club store for sale. They were the extras made for incase something broke/missing.
    Ah...that makes a little more since.
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan