any pics of cobra c. unmasked?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

any pics of cobra c. unmasked?

Hi guys im doing a cobra commander custom figure,anyone have any pics of cobra comander unmasked from the comics?Also if you have snakeeyes unmasked that would be great too.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I can't remember for sure which issue it is (I'm thinking either 58 or 59), Cobra Commander has his battle armor helmet off and has a ponytail, mustache, and John Lennon looking glasses. Anyone help out on this one?
    Been a long time guys, hope you remember me.

Issue 52 has CC looking like a hippie...round glasses, 'stache, & ponytail. You really don't see his actual face because of that disguise.

In issue 100 though you get a better look at his face when he is on the operating table getting the bullet taken out of him.

Though I doubt any of those pics will help in giving you a definitive likeness.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rage
    Issue 52 has CC looking like a hippie...round glasses, 'stache, & ponytail. You really don't see his actual face because of that disguise.

In issue 100 though you get a better look at his face when he is on the operating table getting the bullet taken out of him.

Though I doubt any of those pics will help in giving you a definitive likeness.

Mr Rage
    Okay so it wasn't 58 or 59, cool! I think it would be really hard to make a custom like that considering what Mr. Rage has said.
    Been a long time guys, hope you remember me.

i thought it would be cool to have a custom that yu could take off cc's crome dome helmet and his hooded mask,but now that i think of it,it seems like cc is intended to keep his face a mystery.what do you guys think whould you like a figure of cc to reveal his face or would you like to keep that air of mystery?

Well there was that one version of his figure with the red face plate. It could be removed with some effort.

The comic never fully reveals his face. He is usually wearing a disguise or the angle is not good. (as in the already mentioned issues #58, #98, 99, 100)

I think that perhaps Cobra Commander has the same face as the Crimson Guard Fred series. If you look at the picture in #98 I believe, he looks just like the Crimson Guards pulling him out of the grave. Could the original Fred face really be Cobra Commander's true identity?
    "The scriveners and scribblers are not the keepers of the canon, the audience is. If the public doesn't like it, they blot it out of the collective consciousness, and make it go away"

Larry Hama, Snake Eyes Deconstructed (March, 2006)

I thought that too, but the fact that the Baroness knew that Fred VII wasn't CC by looking at his face makes me think otherwise.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/

Question

Definitely a question with no solid answer.

I will say this, for the most part the pony tail looking CC is the one most well represented in the Marvel comics. It's the "disguised" CC yes... but remember he was pulled over and had his real identiy on him to show the cop... so he couldn't look too far off that (which he said it was his real identity on the card). In the issues where they go through the story involving Snake Eyes family getting killed... CC's brother being the one that hit the car.. however CC blaming Snake Eyes family and how he sent Zartan to take Snake Eyes out as revenge... they showed his face there too. There's a few other shots in there as well.

In issue 98 (I just read it recently) he does indeed look like a Crimson Guard "Fred"... however that could have been just a bad angle and coloring.

Then again he could have the "Fred" face... but have a terrible scar or something in a spot which would make him unmistakable?

Again, for all the answers though... there isn't a clear cut answer.
    :D Yo Joe! :D

...yeah, plus the artist for the series around issues 98 & 99 made everyone look the same, so it might not mean anything.

Plus your comments about Baroness & the police pull over seem to indicate that perhaps my theory on the Fred face is wrong.

On a side note, Hama has admitted in interviews to making things up as he goes along & not being too concerned with maintaining continuty if it gets in the way of a good story.
    "The scriveners and scribblers are not the keepers of the canon, the audience is. If the public doesn't like it, they blot it out of the collective consciousness, and make it go away"

Larry Hama, Snake Eyes Deconstructed (March, 2006)